Update on indoor enclosure

Bobbyott

i had to cut the size down a bit but since Larrys only 3in I have time to build on to this. This is 3ft wide by 8ft long it's going to be totally enclosed where the green tape is will be a glass window, the box on the left will be a heat box it's 3ft x1ft. I can also make that bigger when he gets bigger. Question, should I put the UV light in with the heat lamp? In the rest of the enclosure I will have heat emitter lamps. Feed back please temp-AEUDHgs5gKYOELyIsmkxjDvA1iazQD6ydu7ypsAdbsysp5nH_yOmdBeYEKHjvWcA0jJuPpcIJ0ZTI3UqRFuHlAM.jpgtemp-ALDY7Alumhq-sLzHIhPpE0d4ccSJ7b8hZYy8j5GOuHsGCO8cJv9hee-lNkRBFEKE3QVU3yoqOjvBTPoVXl60uXQ.jpg IMG_5518.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I love the size, but I would have rather liked the covering plywood cut a bit longer to fit on top of those end pieces, with the lights underneath, and then either glass or see through plastic on the front below the plywood and more wood across the back. But that's just me. There's nothing wrong with your design.

Bobbyott

I love the size, but I would have rather liked the covering plywood cut a bit longer to fit on top of those end pieces, with the lights underneath, and then either glass or see through plastic on the front below the plywood and more wood across the back. But that's just me. There's nothing wrong with your design.

Thanks. I didn't want to put anything see-through on the sides, didn't want him to spend his days trying to get out through it. Lol. I think I might hinge the back so you can lift the whole top up. Not sure yet don't want it to drop close on anyone. The 2 ends are 2ft high which is what I'll raise the sides up to once he gets bigger. This is how I install my lights and that's what the window will look like temp-AB5zWfMA6XhibKnsmWv6lfNSCXBqi7tq4a_P7hepWZh8Gx64g0SMB9nxQFQOq0raLEkfxpoMKr048scpPevu8zA.jpg

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I wonder if it is going to be too cold in the far end away from the lights.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I'm going to put a row of heat emitters back there, I'll start with 3 see how that works and go from there
You might want to think about these radiant heat panels ?

http://www.lllreptile.com/products/4217-medium-helix-radiant-heat-panel

large