Updated Enclosure Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessrich87

5 Year Member
I have cut the lid to cover the cool side but to be open on the other half. I just had it off for the photo.

Does anyone know what type of plant that is?

Substrate is peat moss and coco coir on the humid side. Temps are right according to Tom's post.

I wish I had room for it to be bigger, but he seems pretty happy for now. He has an outdoor area as well.

Attachments

• image-1498071194.png
    image-1498071194.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 284

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It could stand to be bigger, however, its really not too small. It looks great. You've done a nice job. I don't recognize the plant, sorry.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know the plant either. However, if you want to make it bigger but don't have the room, think going up. Stack one on top of another and build a ramp with sides to walk up. Just an idea for you to ponder:D looks good though. He will out grow it pretty fast though.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I'd be guessing on the plant. I like the setup, but will eventually be too small. :(

jessrich87

5 Year Member
wellington said:
I don't know the plant either. However, if you want to make it bigger but don't have the room, think going up. Stack one on top of another and build a ramp with sides to walk up. Just an idea for you to ponder:D looks good though. He will out grow it pretty fast though.

Great idea! Thank you.

And thanks for the replies. :)

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Nice! I have given some thought to adding another level to mine. I was just thinking of turning the top container so the whole thing makes a "T" shape. You would just have to have your cool side under the upper bin. I would just cut a hole in the top level side and use that plastic for the main part of my ramp.

jessrich87

5 Year Member
My main concern is the tort falling off the ramp and landing on his back. Any thoughts on this?

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
What kind of light is that? If it's a Powersun MVB you really should have it as close to vertical as you can for the longevity of the bulb.

jessrich87

5 Year Member
This is what it looks like with the top on.

jtrux said:
What kind of light is that? If it's a Powersun MVB you really should have it as close to vertical as you can for the longevity of the bulb.

Sorry, I must have missed this. It's just a basking bulb. I don't remember what brand. He goes outside regularly. Thanks though! :)

Attachments

• image-472896012.png
    image-472896012.png
    211.2 KB · Views: 52

LongislandPhan

5 Year Member
jessrich87 said:
LuckysGirl007 said:
Not steep and make sure it has sides on it??

What is the best thing to do for traction?

Use substrate! just make sure theres a nice smooth slope thats not to steep and it will be able to get up! Just make sure there are sides so it doesn't fall off.

jessrich87

5 Year Member
LongislandPhan said:
Use substrate! just make sure theres a nice smooth slope thats not to steep and it will be able to get up! Just make sure there are sides so it doesn't fall off.

Hmm :) thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.