Using vinegar to clean tank

Jami

Hi there,

I'm going to use white vinegar in my tank to clean & sanitize to get ready for me hatchling. How long should I leave it in there?

Thanks,
Jami

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Wipe it down really good, rinse well, and let it dry in the sun. I do this with light bleach water but vinegar is the same and prob safer. Switching my methods as well...

Jami

Wipe it down really good, rinse well, and let it dry in the sun. I do this with light bleach water but vinegar is the same and prob safer. Switching my methods as well...
Thanks! I should've just asked you in the plant thread!! I'm putting everything in the sun tomorrow too. I've left the vinegar water in there to really be in there and now I've rinsed a few times with spray bottle. Sun is of course down now, lol. But that's what tomorrow afternoon is for.

Jami

Can't wait to see baby pics :)
I can't wait to post some! He's shipping tomorrow and should be here Tuesday. I can't wait. I see you're in ohio? I'm in PA. Are you a Steelers fan?

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
I bought a special reptile disinfectant, will definitely be sure to use your method next time, sounds a lot cheaper.

Bet your excited now!

Jami

I bought a special reptile disinfectant, will definitely be sure to use your method next time, sounds a lot cheaper.

Bet your excited now!
I'm so excited!!! Can't wait. Very nervous tho. Lots of people here say it works and it's been great. Soaked into terra cotta a bit too much so I have to soak it in more water and put it outside. Thanks!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
:D I do use vinegar... doesn't smell at all in the end! Good luck with your baby!