Uv lighting

Jonathan lisle

Hi I'm all new to this site many thanks for letting me join , I have a question regarding uv lighting , I've just built a new tortoise table around 6 weeks ago as my old 1 was getting to small for Rosie my hermann tortoise plus I wanted the lighting to be better for her so my question is I bought a 54w t5 Arcadia uv 12% D3 reptile lamp with reflector , I positioned it 5 inches above my tortoise but was told that it was far to low and should be raised so that it was at least 15/16 inches above my tortoises shell as those lights are strong what's any1s view on that ,
While I'm on could some1 tell me how I put pictures on here as I'm using my iPhone and have pictures on here which I'd like to share

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is too close. 12 inches away should be okay. It usually will have recommended heights on the package of bulb or even fixture. If you still have those see what it says.

Jonathan lisle

The top foto is how I have it now which is 15 inches above my tortoises shell the middle foto is how I had it if u can make out where the strip light is , I still have the bulb box but unfortunately it doesn't say what height it should be