Verizon and AT&T Are the Only Wireless Carriers Using 'Perma-Cookies' | WIRED

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
By now we are all aware of the background super tracking cookie some carriers are running on our devices that you use to cruise the Internet Machine. Follow this link I am providing to a fun article which has a link within the text to a test to see if your device has this fun super cookie

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/permacookie-free/

Before running the test, you should be off wifi. Wifi signal code will be disguise with wifi code. SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!!!!!

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
wow! I'm thankful when I got a smartphone i'd made the switch to MetroPCS (joined with T-Mobile)!
That's kind of appalling! What they're saying is that its not the browser that tracks the cookies and its the data service right? Either way I've never liked the regular cookies (something that sounds so good and is so bad!) I think its creepy how ads pop up when I talk about things, on my personal laptop I run an ad-block and try to block cookies and clear them out often.
Funny how its the 2 most expensive powerhouses that are doing this... they make enough money off the contracts and still want to sell away their customers privacies. Its going to be the time when people who have been loyal decide the privacy issues and money are not worth it and little companies will grow (heck T-Mobile's already been offering to pay early termination fees!) I I was spending the money for Verizon right now I would be leaving... I mean that's just creepy!