Vet visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
I am making a vet appointment for my baby Hermann's soft shell as soon as the vet opens today. What are things I have to remember for the vet visit? I know no vitamin shots, but other than that, how can I even tell if my vet is a good herp vet? He's also my avian vet, and he's really good with birds, but I don't know reptiles well enough to know if he's any good.

What are things that he's probably going to say and have me do for little Carl, anyways?

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
I don't know the answers to any of your questions. No vitamin injections ! Just wanted to wish you luck and let us know how you and Carl make out!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Appointment has been made for today. I feel a little better after looking through the vet lists on the forum and seeing my vet's name on the list for Nebraska. Should I try to get a stool sample or do they really need that?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It would not hurt, even tho your issues do not seem to have anything to do with possible parasites.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
futureleopardtortoise said:
Of course the one day I need him to is the day that Carl doesn't poo in his morning soak.

Often they will do it, when traveling in the car. ;)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
futureleopardtortoise said:
or maybe he'll do it in my hand on the way into the building... that would be... lovely.

Could be. :D

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Thanks! Per suggestion, I soaked Carl in babyfood, water, and heavy duty soluble vitamins today with a little calcium powder thrown in for good measure.... I felt like I was making a stew. Anyways, he seems to have lost a little bit of his activity level but still has an appetite. I'm hoping that maybe that means I've caught it early enough to get him better :) I am a much more positive person in the morning than I am at night. Night time always makes me doom and gloom.

Thanks for the well-wishing everyone, Carl and I will be off to the vet in about 20 minutes, with or without his poop :D

Status
Not open for further replies.