Visitor for the Day

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paris, Texas
I'm not very frequent on this side of the forum but grew up loving box turtles and so I thought I would share this...on my way home from turkey hunting yesterday I came across this little one on a pretty busy road so I picked it up and brought it home for my 2 year old to see and she fell in love with it. We soaked her in water and let her roam our backyard until we had some time as a family to go turn her loose in a remote area of the county.. She's won't hold our Sulcata but fell in love with this little boxie, we may have to get a few captive bred ones soon :) (my tortoise and the turtle were separated while it was here)DSC_0702.JPGDSC_0703.jpg DSC_0707.jpgDSC_0710.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Thank you for the good deeds.....And the little girl of yours are so cute! ! !

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree, glad you got it out if the street, could enjoy him for a while, and your daughter too cute.
The only thing is. It really needed to be let go back where you found it but away from the road. They will try to get back to its home territory. Hopefully he won't have to far too travel.

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
I agree, glad you got it out if the street, could enjoy him for a while, and your daughter too cute.
The only thing is. It really needed to be let go back where you found it but away from the road. They will try to get back to its home territory. Hopefully he won't have to far too travel.

Dang, I should have tried to find a better area, it just seemed really busy, it was a newer end of town with lots of new construction. I’ll definitely do that next time.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Dang, I should have tried to find a better area, it just seemed really busy, it was a newer end of town with lots of new construction. I’ll definitely do that next time.
It might have been best if there's a lot of new construction. He'd be getting pushed out probably anyway. Maybe that's what he was doing, moving on out. But yeah, next time try to find a safe place in the same area as found.