Waiting for the Food God - share your pics

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
I think about a photo that @Yvonne G posted a while ago about her baby DTs waiting at the door for the Food God to arrive. I thought it would be fun to share what your tort looks like waiting for you, the Food God, to arrive with their manna from heaven.

I'll start. Fezzik just laterally sits IN his food bowl waiting for his delivery. He sat there for an hour and a half this morning waiting for breakfast. Today is overcast and cool so he'll be inside all day today, though I'm trying to keep him outside as much as possible before we begin the brumation wind-down sometime in November...

Attachments

• fezzik_waiting.jpg
    fezzik_waiting.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 5

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I never have my phone with me when I go out to feed. They live outside in a shed for winter
They really don't wait for me though. They will be just wondering around, stop when they see me, and stare and then when the food goes in, they head over to it.

SuzanneZ

Georgetown
Little Russian (meaning is historic Ukraine), charming newcomer. Really likes food. Does not appreciate soaking.

Attachments

• IMG_20231021_100325~3.jpg
    IMG_20231021_100325~3.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 4

innocent

Acton, Ca
This female DT is usually very shy. She prefers to be left alone in her territory and if I want to watch her eat I need to feed while she is out or spend five to ten minutes coaxing her, at least that was before I grew some desert globe mallow. She will come running now and will go as far as standing on three legs to reach it.
I have already planted a bunch of this for her and the other tort for when they awaken in March. 20230926_153735.jpg20230926_153750.jpg