Walker Pics

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I found some pics of Walker from 2005 when he was 9 years old106_0715.jpg 106_0716.jpgThis one is from 2007106_1362 copy.jpgThis is from 2012WalkerIMG_0011 copy 3.jpgThis is from Jan 2016snow b.jpgThis is from last JunePicture 243.jpg That pool is actually for the box turtles but he walks through it sometimes... . Took this pic today while I was cooking a few hot dogs on the grill.may 26b.jpg It has taken him about 2 years to grow an inch, he is 30 inches in length, still don't know his weight.Picture 170.jpg Almost forgot the last pic. I see this a lot when they can see me working on the other side of the fence.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Nice! I'll post some of the recent pics I got of Walker, Flash and Seven soon, just need to organize myself. :confused:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He's growing nicely! Dudley has reached his full growth. Haven't noticed him getting any bigger for a couple years now.

Last edited:

Len B

10 Year Member!
He's growing nicely! Dudley has reached hi full growth. Haven't noticed him getting any bigger for a couple years now.
I don't notice it visually either, but sometimes he will set on the patio in a relaxed mode and I can get pencil marks on the concrete and get an accurate measurement. He was real relaxed yesterday, I didn't think he was ever going move so I could measure it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't notice it visually either, but sometimes he will set on the patio in a relaxed mode and I can get pencil marks on the concrete and get an accurate measurement. He was real relaxed yesterday, I didn't think he was ever going move so I could measure it.
Yeah, when you see them everyday it looks like they're the same size. I'll have to figure out a way to take a measurement.

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Wow, I’d love to see how you house him over the winter in snow... I’m toying with the idea of getting a sulcata, I have the space but the winter concerns me, imin the U.K. and snow is possible.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Thanks, How is Sully doing ? I haven't seen any updates lately.

Thanks for asking. I’ll have to add a few updates - Sully is fully outside again roaming, eating grass, weeds, rose of sharon, banana leaves and just enjoying life. Sully enjoyed the heavy rain yesterday, in fact it’s almost like he sensed the impending showers....and rambled out of his shed to bask in the downpour we had.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Wow, I’d love to see how you house him over the winter in snow... I’m toying with the idea of getting a sulcata, I have the space but the winter concerns me, imin the U.K. and snow is possible.
I don't know how to connect a link to another thread, But the last thread on Walkers house is, My Sulcatas Seasonal Cold Weather House, back on March 23. Hope this helps.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Just had a look. Very nice I really like the idea of the door. Do you heat it day and night?
Yes when necessary, the weather determines what heat source(s) is running at any given time.I don't use thermostats i just use rheostats set at what i need to keep his house at the temperature that is comfortable for him. The oil heater and the mat have been on the same settings for years. I sometimes reduce the wattage of the CHE using a lamp dimmer located outside his house for easy access.

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Yes when necessary, the weather determines what heat source(s) is running at any given time.I don't use thermostats i just use rheostats set at what i need to keep his house at the temperature that is comfortable for him. The oil heater and the mat have been on the same settings for years. I sometimes reduce the wattage of the CHE using a lamp dimmer located outside his house for easy access.

That makes sense. I need to invest in a rheostat I’m not familiar with them in the U.K. , but I have read some stuff on here about them so I’ll look into it. Thank you.

Len B

10 Year Member!
That makes sense. I need to invest in a rheostat I’m not familiar with them in the U.K. , but I have read some stuff on here about them so I’ll look into it. Thank you.
The one the mat runs through is just a wall mount dimmer light switch that I wired myself, I went with that type because of the higher wattage it uses. The CHE uses 150 watts max and the lamp dimmer i have it running through is rated safe up to 300 watts.