Walking around...

jcole1284

I have been letting the girl walk around my classroom when it's empty and safe. She is usually out for about 45 minutes. She sometimes takes a poop as well. Is it okay to let her out like this? She really seems to enjoy it and is eager to get out when I go to get her. Thanks for any info. you have to share.

MaddieGA

I think that's fine. Just make sure to keep a good eye on it and make sure there is nothing toxic, or something she could eat by accident (like books) that could harm it. But overall, it is okay to let the tort walk around.

I'd let her out 30 to 45 minutes which is just what your doing! :) just be careful about letting it out too long

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Wayland, NY
Many people advise against this. The floor is much colder than we think. I once checked the temperature of my floor, and it was 70 F compared to the 80 F temperature of the room. And the tortoise is probably stressed during the process. You don't need to worry about your tortoise "going for walks" if it has an appropriate sized enclosure. There are also many dangers to doing this.