Waretrop's Introduction

waretrop

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NE Pa. Zone 5
Hello, I am Barb from Pa. I have been blessed with a gift this Summer. It is a 5 year old Sulcata. Her name is Alice. She is about 20 inches long and 17 pounds.

Looking forward to learning from all of you. I have to learn what to do in my cold Winter climate.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Barb and welcome. There's lots to learn but this is the best place to learn it.
There are many sully keepers here.
I think some keep them inside in the winter.
I have a leopard who had has his own room in the UK.
Is there a possibility you could do the same or make an insulated heated shed for him?
Have a look at the Enclosures section for ideas
There is a great care sheet or sullys and I also found the Beginners Mistakes thread very useful.
So read, search and ask as many questions as you need you'll soon get advice and the help you need.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). If you could build him a nice size tortoise shed, insulated and heated with a portable oil filled space heat and then provide a basking spot, your tort would actually be able to take runs outside when he pleased. Sulcatas and some other torts, once larger will take a stroll out into the cold and even snow, as long as they have a nice warm place to retreat to.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Barb!

Keith D.

Arizona
Hello and welcome to the TFO Barb. Sulcatas do pretty well in cold country, my Aunt has a male she has had for 20 years and she lives in Idaho. He has a shed outside with heat and like Wellington said they do stroll out in the snow, its funny watching my Aunts walk around with a saddle blanket on its back. I will share a pic of him when I can find it and scan it into the computer.

immiexxo

UK
Hello and welcome. This is the best place to be. I've been on here just over a week and have learnt so much!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco