Water dish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheezysmomma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia
Hello ok so Ive been using a plastic turkey serving plate type thing (BPA free) as his water dish but he seems to be unsure of it as it has a lip like all plates, however yesterday I went to Rona and found a ceramic planter bottom that seems low enough for him to get into (as his plastron is so deformed its hard for him to get in and out of things) yet seems to allow for a soak so my question is its a ceramic but I'm not sure if it's been painted or just the color of the clay used is different it's the color of chocolate milk (made in Italy) does anyone know of this would be safe? It's not glazed Shiny it's just mat finish. They had orange ceramic but the edges were much higher and not sure he could navigate the lip. Thanks for any and all info I can post a pic if it helps :)

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
They have those here too, I'm pretty sure they are painted.... if they are cheap, you can always buy one and crack it down the middle to see :p

wheezysmomma

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Their like $10.00 I'm gonna go check at a local garden center where they Really know their products Rona isn't exactly skilled on what's safe for pets lmao! Probably just gonna return this one and get one thats glazed then I don't have to worry about it!

wheezysmomma

5 Year Member
British Columbia
ended up going to a garden centre and got a glazed planter bottom he LOVES it and has been using it which is more than i can say for the others i tried :)

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I have found the brown pots and saucers at wal mart that are made in Italy, they look and feel the same as the pots and saucers that are made in Germany, water doesn't soak in as fast as the red clay ones, and are easier to keep clean.I have been replacing the red ones with the new brown ones.

wheezysmomma

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Thanks :) I wasn't sure if it was painted or what but that sounds like exactly the same ones I just ended up buying a glazed one as no water soaks in and it's easy to wipe clean :) glad the chocolate colored ones are working for ya :)

Status
Not open for further replies.