Water turtles (RES) in OR soon available for adoption

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pacific NorthWET
Oregon Tortoise Rescue is current rehabbing/fostering a male/female adult pair. They are Red Eared Sliders, and were originally store bought. Please check your local Wildlife Laws, as they are an invasive species and illegal to posses in some areas.

They came from a neglect situation and are being treated for severe algae growth and possible shell rot.

The male has some shell deformities, but it otherwise active and enjoys basking. He has mildly swollen eyes, presumably from a coil bulb.

I'm happy to ship if you cover fees.
Local pickup and I will send with them the 40+ gallon plexiglass tank, pump/filter system, basking light/fixture, lots of commercial foods/treats, large ZooMed basking/floating log.

A donation to help future rescues is always appreciated (for food, electricity, gas/travel).

email me at [email protected]

If you don't hear from me in 24 hours, please try again, spam folder gets greedy.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Good looking out Yvonne. You may need to call parks and wildlife . So you don't get in to trouble.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
The laws have been updated (not on Webpage, I work with them thru hospital), you can have them if they are not WC, and in no danger of ever escaping. Must be in permanent indoor tank. I checked.

Also, they are already spoken for. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Experienced RES people coming to get them tonight.

They sell them all over Oregon at PetSmart and Petco. Warden told me they only care if you are trying to release them.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Placed!!!! WOW! Fastest rescue placement in awhile! I'm so pleased! These people have has many, and really know their stuff. So happy to place these poor guys in such an expert home.

I invited them to join the forum. They are true reptile lovers.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
Sandi,
Great job on placing them so quickly. If you want to highlight the 'trail' to illustrate the networking that is starting to take place that would be fine. I'll leave it up to you.

Terese

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
It was quite the adventure for them! You did a great job cleaning them up, and your friends were so gracious as to help ferry them 4 hours to me. Now they are safe and loved by experienced RES couple. Could not have turned out better.