Watercress

cpl1307

Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire
Hi,
My Tortoise LOVES her watercress, but is it ok for her to have the strong and peppery version? I cant find her regular one at the market I go to at the moment

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I bought that on accident, and my tortoise didn't eat it.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Watercress is supposed to be peppery! Where have you found a non-peppery version lol!?

It's completely fine to feed.

cpl1307

Lancashire
You mean they sold you Genetically Modified goods???
Tammy I'm lost??? I've planted watercress seeds in the viv using the coco coir substrate. Do you think you can't get watercress that's not peppery, your sending my head spinning! 😜 You have to explain now. I'm not that screwed on...😉

cpl1307

Lancashire
You mean they sold you Genetically Modified goods???
Penny has dropped. All watercress has a peppery taste, but I'm gonna grow my own genetically modified version. I will remove the peppery DNA from the plants structure, through the growing stage and then I'm sending you a sample to show you how amazing I am at science!
I honestly didn't know all watercress is peppery. It's just says strong and peppery watercress on the bag.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Penny has dropped. All watercress has a peppery taste, but I'm gonna grow my own genetically modified version. I will remove the peppery DNA from the plants structure, through the growing stage and then I'm sending you a sample to show you how amazing I am at science!
I honestly didn't know all watercress is peppery. It's just says strong and peppery watercress on the bag.
I want Karo pancake syrup on mine.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Seriously, as far as I know, all watercress is great food for tortoises and turtles!