Wc redfoot photos.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
View attachment 146770 View attachment 146771 View attachment 146772

Here is the flared if you will carapace in the rear on the right. Really wish she didn't have the pyramiding. View attachment 146773
So, I just want to be clear. This girl on the right with a flared plastron, is 100% WC( wild caught) and not farm bred. Is it possible to find out when she was caught, size or year.
@domalle, what would be the typical size they would collect WC from the wild?

domalle

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
So, I just want to be clear. This girl on the right with a flared plastron, is 100% WC( wild caught) and not farm bred. Is it possible to find out when she was caught, size or year.

Information on origin and sources is difficult next to impossible to come by.
Lately, mid-size.

domalle

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
So is it safe to say when wc are caught they are at least 4" SCL.

Lately, rarely. WC tortoises are usually larger because they are out wandering around where they are easily seen and captured.
The smaller ones are reclusive and hidden.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Lately, rarely. WC tortoises are usually larger because they are out wandering around where they are easily seen and captured.
The smaller ones are reclusive and hidden.
When neonates hatch in the wild, they stop under the ground until the eggsack is absorbed, then all clamber to the surface. Then what? Do they all go in seperate ways and live in hiding alone until they reach a size to brave the world. Or do they group up whilst in the dense undergrowth at a young age?

SouthernRFT

Yes I believe she is 100% wild caught and specifics are not available. she is by far the most shy and at first would always just sleep in her shell. Now she will come out upon seeing me looking for something to eat. If I pick her up she will tuck in her shell. All the rest will remain out if picked up.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Yes I believe she is 100% wild caught and specifics are not available. she is by far the most shy and at first would always just sleep in her shell. Now she will come out upon seeing me looking for something to eat. If I pick her up she will tuck in her shell. All the rest will remain out if picked up.
She's a beauty. I agree too, that pyramiding is nothing. Love the flared scutes. I have one like that but not as flared as she is.