We had a dusting of snow last night and

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
He is likely wondering who the wise guy is that covered all of his grass...good looking tortoise :D

Katherine

5 Year Member
cool. I was a tad proud of mine and a tad nervous for them for coming out to graze in 45 degree weather the other day; glad to see other people with sulcata's who aren't afraid of the cold weather.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
katherine said:
cool. I was a tad proud of mine and a tad nervous for them for coming out to graze in 45 degree weather the other day; glad to see other people with sulcata's who aren't afraid of the cold weather.
When I took the pics the air temperature was 28 F, he ate some, followed me around for a while, then went back in to warm up,came back out this afternoon and is grazing right now, it's 46 F

Katherine

5 Year Member
It's amazing how well they hold heat and impressive that (in my experience anyways) they have the sense to get back in a warm spot before they get dangerously cold. When I see mine out in cold weather I usually use the temp gun on them but they're always back in their house before they reach a temp that would make me uncomfortable. I think it's pretty awesome they are smart enough to maintain their body temp like that. Pretty neat to see a sulcata in the snow! I am glad you took a picture : )

Weldd

10 Year Member!
Nothing cooler than that. Beautiful tortoise!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You just can't keep a good tortoise down!!!

M

Maggie Cummings

My Sulcata has a doggie door that I open every morning. He goes outside no matter how cold it is and right now the high for the day is 40 degrees.

But I am wondering what is that red on your torts face?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
maggie3fan said:
My Sulcata has a doggie door that I open every morning. He goes outside no matter how cold it is and right now the high for the day is 40 degrees.

But I am wondering what is that red on your torts face?
The red is from cactus fruit, there was a little left over from the day before, it had to be frozen, but he ate it anyway. I was wondering if any one would notice his red lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.