weezing sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelandYankee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
west palm beach, FL
So the two sulcatas i just rescued that were in bad condition have a little weezing going on. i was wondering if there was anything i could do to help them out with it. Also the eyes are clear and noses are dry no runny noses or bubbles. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Annieski

5 Year Member
Edison, N.J.
Hi! I see you are from Florida. I know your outdoor temps have been a little colder than usual this winter. Do you keep your new babes in or out? I'm in NJ and Morty is in all winter. I had a similar "Whistle" type noise that was frequent but not constant. I upped the temp, and soaked more often[Mortimer is 2.5 years]. It took about 2 weeks and the whistling has stopped. Good luck

moswen

5 Year Member
i just took my babies to the vet for check-ups, and asked her about the different types of upper respiratories and what causes them:

and there was one that she talked about that was kinda like what we humans would call a "cold," that might involve some wheezing or a "popping/clicking" sound while breathing, and she said that this particular type of thing would just run it's course and clear up in about a week or so.

i'm definately not saying that's what your torts have and that everything will be fine, i'm just saying that was one of the things she talked about, so if there is no bubbles or runny noses that MIGHT be it. but just keep a close eye on them and take them in if anything at all changes! if they did not have the best start in life, they are probably a little more prone to illness and parasites, so you really want to make sure that the weezing sound isn't something more serious! but, i'm sure you probably already know that lol! i just gotta say it for my own peace of mind...

but good luck!

RebelandYankee

5 Year Member
west palm beach, FL
Yeah ive read up on upping the temps and soaking more and thats what im doing. i just wanted others input to. Hopefully its just like what you said and clears up.

Status
Not open for further replies.