Weird Noise

bozotony

Location (City and/or State)
Hialeah Florida
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeL1hHUgaDy/?igshid=YzAyZWRlMzg=

If you guys can, click the link and itll take you to a video on my Redfoots instagram. Does anyone know what that wierd squeaking noise is? I checked for a runny nose but didnt see anything. And it ate all its food. Temp is always 80 lowest 75
it sounds like rubber, as if its body is just a squeaky boot, like from spongebob lol. Im hoping its not a respiratory infection, bit if so ill immediately take it to the vet

bozotony

Hialeah Florida

bozotony

Hialeah Florida
You're 100% sure that noise is coming from him?
It's bizarre
well i was wearing crocs, and the enclosure is metal so i checked to see if it was my crocs rubbing against the metal. But it sounds a little different. And i picked him up later today to check yhorm out and he/she made the same noise bit faintly this time. i checked on it alot, and yhorm wasnt making noise again untill my most recent check up about 20 minutes ago

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
well i was wearing crocs, and the enclosure is metal so i checked to see if it was my crocs rubbing against the metal. But it sounds a little different. And i picked him up later today to check yhorm out and he/she made the same noise bit faintly this time. i checked on it alot, and yhorm wasnt making noise again untill my most recent check up about 20 minutes ago
Well it isn't a normal RF noise. That's for sure.
I'm north of you in Sunrise Florida.
My vet is in Deerfield Beach just north of me.
Let me know if you need any assistance

bozotony

Hialeah Florida
You're 100% sure that noise is coming from him?
It's bizarre
Well it isn't a normal RF noise. That's for sure.
I'm north of you in Sunrise Florida.
My vet is in Deerfield Beach just north of me.
Let me know if you need any assistance
ok thanks, ill be checking on it and if tomorrow it continues, ill consider the vet

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
ok thanks, ill be checking on it and if tomorrow it continues, ill consider the vet
Its called BROWARD AVIAN AND EXOTIC.
The place from the television show on ANIMAL PLANET.
As far as I'm aware, they are the best and maybe the only true tortoise vets in south Florida

bozotony

Hialeah Florida
Its called BROWARD AVIAN AND EXOTIC.
The place from the television show on ANIMAL PLANET.
As far as I'm aware, they are the best and maybe the only true tortoise vets in south Florida
so i havnt heard the noise again at all today, so i think it was just the sound of my crocs scratching the metal enclosure wall

MsBijou

5 Year Member
it sounds like rubber, as if its body is just a squeaky boot, like from spongebob lol. Im hoping its not a respiratory infection, bit if so ill immediately take it to the vet
I’m not on Instagram but if my Asia Minor (Ibera Greek) is wet and moves his back legs, they rub against his shell and it definitely squeaks.

COmtnLady

Colorado
(I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but hand feeding sort of teaches the Tort to come to you and bite... Its cute now, but what happens when s/he walks up to you and nips you because s/he's hungry? Its kinda hard to "un-teach". Just saying...)

Redfoots are the best. They've got the prettiest legs and are easier to feed. You're doing great.

bozotony

Hialeah Florida
(I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but hand feeding sort of teaches the Tort to come to you and bite... Its cute now, but what happens when s/he walks up to you and nips you because s/he's hungry? Its kinda hard to "un-teach". Just saying...)

Redfoots are the best. They've got the prettiest legs and are easier to feed. You're doing great.
its ok, i just did it for the video, but thanks!