Were are getting on swimmingly....

tortoise Inc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Zealand
Hi all...
Well everything is going great with my new 3T Box, he is very friendly and enjoying his new out door table. Still not eating fruit and veg but we are taking small steps in that direction (I'm taking the steps, he is ignoring at me)!

Question: When will he loose the raised ridge along his shell please at what age or there about.

Question: A few days ago when he eat his first garden worm he bite it and rejected it, wiped his mouth with his front feet then threw-up a clear liquid out of his mouth and the clear liquid also flooded from his eyes. Is this a reaction to a foreign object? He soon was chasing the worm around and eat it with no repeat and has been hunting and eating garden worms daily since.

Thanks
006.JPG

020.JPG

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
He's is too cute and your enclosure is beautiful! My 3T is 3 yrs old and still has the ridge...

tortoise Inc

5 Year Member
New Zealand
Wow, beautiful enclosure and boxie. What's the plastic just inside the wood frame?
Hi Wellington - The plastic is clear polycarbonate and is to let in light and add interest. The table has two lids, one with wire netting on and the other with polycarbonate plastic roof. You can lift either depending on what combination you want. We have just had a big down pour of rain and weather is now clearing so I lifted the top lid to let in the sun. Only just finished this table on the weekend. :)
002.JPG

tortoise Inc

5 Year Member
New Zealand
He's is too cute and your enclosure is beautiful! My 3T is 3 yrs old and still has the ridge...
Ok that's cool, my 3T is going to be three years old in February 2014, that's what the breeder told me. Would be interesting to know when the ridge goes, guess he will grow it out soon. :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Thanks Zero - One of my outside tables 1.2m x 2.4m, looks like truck loads of drift wood but there are hides and dugouts beneath it all. Growing edible perennials, Spring time in NZ ATM.
View attachment 102624[/QUOTE

This is so nice. Looks like lots fun for your torts! I like it.

tortoise Inc

5 Year Member
New Zealand
Thanks bouaboua - This larger table gives the torts plenty of exercise, I cant believe how fast they can hoon around the place, look away for two minutes and they are off like robbers dogs...lol.
They also love to climb! cheeky wee things.