What’s the best way to heat my tortoise enclosure??

Milkduds

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
My tortoise has been sleeping a lot lately I looked it up and it said it might have something to do with the heating currently I have to real heat source besides a small heating mat on the side of the tank I looked up some incandescent flood bulb or reflector bulbs and they said those would work I was wondering if it’s better to buy a heat ball for my Travancore hybrid tortoise or if any one had any better idea to heat up my tank

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My tortoise has been sleeping a lot lately I looked it up and it said it might have something to do with the heating currently I have to real heat source besides a small heating mat on the side of the tank I looked up some incandescent flood bulb or reflector bulbs and they said those would work I was wondering if it’s better to buy a heat ball for my Travancore hybrid tortoise or if any one had any better idea to heat up my tank
You have a hybrid travencore? Why would anyone let that happen? Can we see pics?

For that sort of forest environment, you want a large closed chamber and one or two RHPs over head controlled by a thermostat. Light for daytime is good, but I don't think you need an incandescent light for basking. They need and enclosure similar to a RF.

Kwakin

California
It depends on the tortoise, if it’s a Russian tort, then a UV light and an UVB basking light.

Milkduds

Michigan
You have a hybrid travencore? Why would anyone let that happen? Can we see pics?

For that sort of forest environment, you want a large closed chamber and one or two RHPs over head controlled by a thermostat. Light for daytime is good, but I don't think you need an incandescent light for basking. They need and enclosure similar to a RF.
Ok

Attachments

• F6F18D3D-1B83-4811-A91F-B6E7515D097F.jpeg
    F6F18D3D-1B83-4811-A91F-B6E7515D097F.jpeg
    607.6 KB · Views: 18