What 5 things would you pick?

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northeast Tennessee
If you could plant 5 healthy items in your enclosure of your sulcata to eat on (as often and as much as he wants) what would those 5 items be? He will have full access to them, no restrictions. What are the 5 healthiest things you would choose?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hibiscus, mulberry, rose of Sharon, spineless cactus and several kinds of grasses. I don't have a sulcata, but my leopard would eat the same

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Grape vine (leaves), cactus (pads and fruit), mulberry (leaves), orchard grass, and dandelion. Think I have something for all ages/sizes since that wasn't specified.

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
Grape vine (leaves), cactus (pads and fruit), mulberry (leaves), orchard grass, and dandelion. Think I have something for all ages/sizes since that wasn't specified.
Oh yes, my oversight, I was thinking hatchling. I have food dish but I have also made "drop ins" so I can plant a variety of things and drop them in for him, once he has it mowed down I can pull it out and drop a fresh one in and the one he mowed down can refresh itself. I have 5 different drop in spots w 10 drop in dishes so I can keep them rotated. I was thinking of sowing the entire enclosure in fescue grass, so he can have his own "grassy yard" while he is inside. Course I don't know if all these ideas of mine will work but I'm going to try.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Okay and so this is also for an inside enclosure?

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Id have the most expensive plant (even if they may be toxic) and cover them from my tort then sell them for a bigger enclosure and better plants :) I like playing with the rules, lol!