What are some creepy facts? (no images, please.)

T

Trudy_the_tortoise

Here are some creepy facts I know:

- More than 50% of children's toys imported from China contain harmful toxins (lead, etc...) that could cause cancers and other dangerous illnesses.

- Your iphone records your voice to see what products you are interested in, then it gives you ads.

-
27,000 trees are made into toilet paper each day.

- Apples you buy in superstores are covered in wax, to prevent moisture from escaping the apple's surface, and to make it look more fresh.

What facts do you have? (again, no images allowed in this thread. Posts with images will be reported.)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Pine trees have proven that they can grow inside the body. Doctors recently went into surgery to remove what they thought was a tumor. It turned out to be a fir tree growing in the man’s lungs.

Anyone need orchid bark?
I just broke open a pumpkin yesterday and two seeds had germinated and were growing pale discolored leaves INSIDE the pumpkin!

T

Trudy_the_tortoise

Why no images?

No Images because last time I posted something about creepy facts on some other thing, everyone was a complete idiot and they posted pretty nasty and creepy images. I deleted that question. I just don't want images because you never know what someone's going to post.

T

Trudy_the_tortoise

Yep, this is actually pretty common. The process is called “vivipary”

No images. How many times do I need to say no images. Not going to report the post because this isn't creepy, but don't give other people ideas...

T

Trudy_the_tortoise

You WILL be reported! Lol

If they keep on posting weird images, then yes. If it's a video, still no images. Do not post videos unless you remove the thumbnail. No images allowed because some people post some really weird, creepy stuff especially on other websites.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
To quote a millennial- an image is static and a video is a recorded event. As @Maro2Bear internet pro bono lawyer I feel he has found a loophole in your request and will seek recompense!!! For which I require 70%. Firstly I want @Chubbs the tegu flogged in public! Now that would make some money. Sorry I had to have some fun, I appreciate your trying to stay PC and no restriction viewable. :tort::<3:

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
To quote a millennial- an image is static and a video is a recorded event. As @Maro2Bear internet pro bono lawyer I feel he has found a loophole in your request and will seek recompense!!! For which I require 70%. Firstly I want @Chubbs the tegu flogged in public! Now that would make some money. Sorry I had to have some fun, I appreciate your trying to stay PC and no restriction viewable. :tort::<3:

You’re hired & Chubbs is fired! Let the public flogging begin. Chubbs lives in Massachusetts - close to Salem.

➡️➡️ In accordance with English law, 19 of the victims of the Salem Witch Trials wereinstead taken to the infamous Gallows Hill to die by hanging. The elderly Giles Corey, meanwhile, was pressed to death with heavy stones after he refused to enter an innocent or guilty plea.