What are you thankful for?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I am thankful for TFO. I was already caring for my tortoises pretty much the same way as I do now, but I have picked up little pointers and ideas here and there. I did things like keep my substrate damp before coming in here, but never really stopped to think about why I was doing it and/or how it helped. I have learned so many new foods that I have tried out on my tortoises and plants to grow for them. I have meet some of the most awesome and generous folks in here. They share everything from their shoulders, their knowledge, their extra plants, and even helped me have money to care for a rescued Russian. The members here share bits and pieces of themselves and their lives. They make me laugh, cry, and feel more thankful for my own life. It has given me a place to go to let off steam, to ask (and receive) help, or just to spend time. I am thankful because this place and the wonderfulmembers have become my friends and family.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am thankful for a member in here who has become my best friend. This person is there when I am down and need to rant and rave. If I need a laugh, there is normally one to be found in the messages I receive from her. I wish I lived closer to her, so we could meet up for lunches or just spend time sitting at her pond. She gifts me each day, with just knowing she is there be it by PMs, emails, or phone calls. She has given me a fright or too, but she is worth it. :cool: :D Together we have shared lots of laughs, some wicked comments, and even down times. I have even learned a few things from her. :D I have not known her for long, but she is just one you feel like you have always known. I am so glad she found TFO, so I could find her. Each morning I look for her to help start my day out on the right foot. So today, she makes my "what am I thankful for" post.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Very sweet! Jacqui [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

I am very thankful for my fiancé who makes me feel loved every day [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️[HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

susanbgc

5 Year Member
Uk
I am thankful for my husband (of 2 days & a few hrs) who has made me the happiest woman alive, today our 1st tortoise arrived he went & picked up our marginated who we called 'Sheldon'
I hope this is the great beginning of things to come xxx

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Congrats on your new hubby and tortoise!:) Remember to always, always have respect for each other throughout the years. It's the single most important ingredient in love. Without it love cannot survive.
susanbgc said:
I am thankful for my husband (of 2 days & a few hrs) who has made me the happiest woman alive, today our 1st tortoise arrived he went & picked up our marginated who we called 'Sheldon'

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
susanbgc said:

Congrats! I too hope that for you, things just keep getting better and better. Here's to many many very wonderous years and anniversaries for the two of you.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: What are you thankful for?

susanbgc said:

Always go to bed happy never mad . Always make him kiss you in the mornings and good night . Make time for him even when you don't have time . Never for get to say you love each other every day . Most of all respect each other never argue in public no matter how mad he makes you . You will have a happy life . No matter how bad life can get you can never give up on each other . It takes work to have a happy marriage. Good luck :D:D:D:D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am thankful for the members in here who share the bad things, the downing things, the frustrations and disappointments in their lives with us. While I am not glad nor thankful for you being sick or your life being turned upside down, what I am thankful for is that because of what you are going through, you are reminding me of just how much I do have to be thankful for. You remind me, that my troubles are few and far between. That my troubles are not so bad that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You inspire me with your stories, the challenges you face, the things you have over come in your life. You make me a better person and help me to face my own challenges with a more positive attitude.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am thankful for my dogs. The youngest Chi puppy makes sure I never get to miss the beauty of the night sky... or should I say the wee morning hours sky. Then if I try to slip back into what's left of my warm bed for "just another hour" of sleep, my ever thoughtful canines decide it's time to play King of the Hill (with me being the hill if course). :D I am thankful for them thinking we need to go for walks no matter the weather. That in fact if it's really cold and windy or raining, they think I should spend more time "enjoying" it so they take longer to do their jobs. My coonhound makes sure I never miss the knowledge of anybody being over in the park or the next block down for that matter either. :rolleyes: I am thankful for those warm bodies snuggled up next to me, during the cold nights... not so much so during the heat of summer. :cool: I am thankful for them helping to keep my arm from loosing any usage, with their constant desire for fetch and tug-of-war. I am thankful for when they have gotten wet or muddy, suddenly they seem to have a need or is it just a desire to show how well they can share with me. :D They are indeed, good at shaking that water on to me. :D Why though do they only think to place muddy foot prints on my good clean clothes as I am getting ready to walk out the door and running late? I am thankful for them making sure I know when the cats out on the porch move around. My dogs are so good at helping the cats to exercise or to referee the cats when they fight, for that I am thankful. I am thankful to have them, when the day seems bleak and the future not worth it. They always have a way of making me feel things will be okay. They always seem to know when I need them to cuddle with me or just place their head upon my lap. I am thankful that even when I am in a bad mood and they forgive me for my cranky actions, words, and tone. Who could not be thankful for the ability of a dog to make you feel like you are the most valuable person in the world and that they have missed you greatly, even if you were only gone for a minute. Just I am thankful for the good and even the not always so good things I enjoy from having my dogs.