What are your OTHER hobbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
I really want to start running. I just cannot motivate myself to start.

NEtorts said:
traveling to tropical places, (is that a hobby? dont know but i love it)

Oo same here! :cool:

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
Well I run, dance, swim, hike, rock climb, sew, talk :rolleyes: , shop(especially for shoes) :), photography, photo editing, and I like to read but my main hobby is modeling and fashion. Some of my favorite models off the top of my head are Coco Rocha, Abbey Lee Kershaw, Irina Kulikova, Gemma Ward, Natasha Poly, and Magdalena Frackowiak. My favorite designers are Alexander Mcqueen, Thierry Mugler, Dior ( I love John Galliano's designs but not him), and I also love chanel, gucci, prada, and of course Elie Saab!!! Oh I also love Louboutins!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Marty333 said:
, shop(especially for shoes) :),

OMG a girl who likes shoes? I am shocked, honestly I am. :)

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Shelly said:
CtTortoise said:
Flashlights

"Flashlights"?

Absolutely love flashlights. You'll never find me without one. It is, yet again, something my poor wife has to deal with. Need one in every room of the house. Every car. And of course people should carry one at all times!

A flashlight can save your life in more ways than one.

People always make fun of my flashlight interest, which doesn't bother me. I always smile when something happens and someone turns to me and says, "Hey, can I borrow that flashlight you carry around?"

Any other flashlight lovers out there?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
CtTortoise get's new LED lights by the box full and he is always shoving 10 pound mag lights and his all time favorite brand "surefire" in my car.

This reminded me that he is also obsessed with first aid kit's. There is a first aid kit for every one in the house human and pet and there is one that takes up most of the back of my van. I should not make fun because last year at soccer practice a little boy got his baseball mitt stuck on top of a tall gazebo and by placing the giant first aid bag on top of the picnic table I was then able to retrieve the mitt from the roof.

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
This reminded me that he is also obsessed with first aid kit's. There is a first aid kit for every one in the house human and pet and there is one that takes up most of the back of my van. I should not make fun because last year at soccer practice a little boy got his baseball mitt stuck on top of a tall gazebo and by placing the giant first aid bag on top of the picnic table I was then able to retrieve the mitt from the roof.

That's not a first aid kit, it's a survival kit which contains first aid items. (She obviously wasn't paying attention when I tried to explain it's contents to her!)

Everyone needs multiple survival kits, which start with a good flashlight!:cool:

TheWolfmanTom

5 Year Member
Philadelphia
I brew beer.
I love hockey.
I cook almost anything, but I love true BBQ (yes I have a smoker)
I read.
I breed bearded dragons.

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
Ya know, flashlights are about the closest thing we have to lightsabers (not counting the manufactured ones they make nowadays). With a good imagination, a lightsaber fascination and a flashlight fascination amount to the same thing.

As for myself, I'm a sci-fi/fantasy geek, which translates into hobbies of reading, videogames, and the occassional movie.

I also read history, and mythology and like visiting historic sites and museums, and would like to travel a bit more.

I also enjoy industrial/synthpop/darkwave music and the occassional concert.

I've started walking/hiking some too, and stargazing.

-Frank

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Being lazy...I love sitting around at home watching tv with my husband, reading, shopping, and traveling (but not anything really active or historical lol--can't wait to go on another cruise). Mostly just torts and online forums. Seems like with work + sleep + husband + tort = no free time!

Rob-I have a friend who collects flashlights. I just don't get it. To each his own though! Most people in the world wouldn't understand why we like torts m0re than dogs, cats, etc.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Nay said:
Louboutins!! ?? What is that?

They are a type of high heel by designer Christian Louboutin. They are easy to identify because the are red on the bottom.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Erin and Rob....I have a flashlight in every room too...even the bathroom. We always lose power in the Summer, especially when everyone has their air-conditioner on. I also have flame less candles in every room too. I hate the dark, and I'm always prepared. I even carry a small one in my handbag, and in my car. And as for survival kits. You should see my trunk. Five sons, and everyone in different sports I couldn't be without that first aid kit. I couldn't tell you how many times I used that through the years....and what would happen if we ever had to evacuate?? I am prepared for everything. I even have a case of water bottles in my trunk, and a few in my garage....just in case.

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Terry: You are our kind of girl!:)

Flashlights are the perfect companion: seeing in the dark, signaling for help, smashing someone in the head and face after blinding them.... The possibilities are endless.

In many ways, I think flashlights might deserve their own thread.....

LeroyLeft

5 Year Member
ct
Keeping honey bees,my koi/goldfish pond,gardening ,raising peacocks ....peafowl,bantams walking my land,fossil rock collecting,hunting fishing,tropical fish,oh yea I love my guns, Iam really into NATGEO channel.

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Leroy. Nice to see a CT democrat who loves his guns. I've been writing my congressmen about the current legislative proposals, but it would mean more coming from a democrat in this blue state. Time to get on the horn!

I too am into NatGeo! Love the HD.

LeroyLeft

5 Year Member
ct
I really should check out the state of currant affairs. been wanting a AR 15.

I know ILL shoot my eye out!

Jharris1385

5 Year Member
Cool thread. I have always enjoyed hearing what others like on the forums I am a part of that deal with 1 particular interest.

First before I list mine - I have a flashlight in every room, bookshelf and a lot of drawers. This is because when the power goes out, the first thing anyone says is where is the flashlight. Well you should not have to ask yourself that in my house. Mine were free and from Harbor Frieght as seen here: http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/20232_harborfreight.jpg

First major hobby is my car, its rare, its different and its fun. An Isuzu VehiCROSS - mine is the IronMan (triathlon) edition which makes it even more rare 94 made to be exact. A picture of it a little dirty http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/P6270357.JPG A decent picture with the stock rims http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/P5241853.JPG A little dirty with my 3rd set of rims and tires 20's http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/20_mud.jpg and then major dirt http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/P7030010.JPG . As a result of having a rare car I have become quite the mechanic because I don't like people messing with it. Too much corruption at most repair man shops unless you know a good one or a friend that does it.

I dont have a current picture with the dual roof mount bike rack but that is another hobby, both 700cc cycle and mountain woods off-road as well.

I am Biology nerd, plants, animals, soils you name it I know it and learn and research it as a hobby. I like rare plants or odd ones, Gingkos, Paulowanias for example.

I boat, jet-ski, and other water sport, scuba start this weekend. I hike and rock climb...basically a lot of out door stuff.

I like tech and gagets, always have to have the newest tool or something along those lines.

Love to shoot, I have a .22lr I target with and a Walther PK380 and PPKs.

Surround sound is another biggie, have to have it where ever there is a tv or computer and it has to be good, not really a hobby to almost.

Um that may be the most of them but I am sure I am forgetting a big one or many.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have a little belt mounted holster for my surefire 6p. Never leave home without at least two flashlights. Sits right behind my spare mags and right in front of my cell phone.

I've had a lot of hobbies over the years. Defensive shooting, paintball, SCUBA diving, free diving, R/C car racing, aquariums of all types, of course reptiles, roaches, protection dog training, motocross... I don't have a lot of pics though.

Moto at my local track.
2rr1f13.jpg

Totally safe but scary looking. The kids wouldn't stop smiling.
30lfaef.jpg

Hit this 200 pound guy so hard it lifted him off the ground.
ke9kyv.jpg

You should have heard the things my friend here was uttering during this "transport" to the judge.
oasklu.jpg

Water in the face didn't slow him down.
os9yza.jpg

This guy jumped me. My dog jumped him.
i3ffoz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.