What did this come from?

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Hello, I was wondering if somebody could identify the critter that left this. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1466639781.963896.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1466639794.464926.jpg
It was right next to my chicken coop so I need to know if it's something to worry about, like a possum or raccoon. Or even a cat or dog.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
It's hard to know because I can't tell what size it is. Looks like tortoise poop. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's not opossum poop. I used to have to clean my box turtles' waterers out every morning first thing because the resident 'possum pooped in there. So I recognize 'possum poop. And raccoon usually makes little dog-like poops.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
It's not opossum poop. I used to have to clean my box turtles' waterers out every morning first thing because the resident 'possum pooped in there. So I recognize 'possum poop. And raccoon usually makes little dog-like poops.
Well, I don't know what it is. I definitely hope it's not racoon.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
How about squirrel poop?
I think it's too big for a squirrel. I should've took a picture of it before I cleaned it off to the side of the yard. I thought it might have been from just a regular cat, the neighbors have a bunch of them, but it was not varied it was on a piece of plywood lying on the ground right next to the chicken run and the chick brooder pen.