WHAT DID YOU FEED YOUR SULCATA TODAY??

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
Spring mix, collard greens and 2 hibiscus flowers :)

Morty the Torty

5 Year Member
Spring Mix, hibiscus flower, grape leaves, and cactus pear:) he also grazed on yard weeds and clover outside yesterday

NaturalK84

5 Year Member
This is all great!!! Now my Koopa will never get bored. Although i cannot find cactus pear? I always see cactus, is that okay to eat. (I haven't tried Whole Foods yet, that's usually a monthly stop)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
As usual...this is what everybody gets... http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-TORTOISE-MEATBALLS#axzz1rgStYmeu ...only difference now is that I make two batches a day. Plus, they have access to a vast assortment of weeds and grasses and the mulberry is blooming! Also, since the three musketeers (Climber, Eggroll, Jamie) are extremely crepuscular, they scavange whatever fresh poop the dogs drop in the early AM. As I work grave shift, there's nothing I can do about it...nor would I be inclined to, as all are growing remarkably. At 2 and a half years, Climber is 13 inches long and weighs 14 pounds. Haven't weighed them in a month or so, but Eggroll is 8 inches long and Jamie is hovering around 6. Poor little Snowflake is still a runt...suspect she always will be, but she is eating, drinking daily. pooping, peeing and investigating EVERYTHING! There will be another post around the start of summer with specific lengths and weights for all...including Aladar!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My sulcata, Dudley, is very easy to feed. It doesn't involve ME at all. When he's ready, he steps outside his house and just starts eating. His diet includes clover, bermuda grass, plantain, mallow, fillaree, dichondra and any other edible weeds that happen to be growing in his pen at the time.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
Tort (meat balls) lol my girls go nuts for the stuff... o and grass and weeds and hummm I'm sure they ate a lot today :p but don't they always?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
My Vegas got A nice pink rose of my wifes rose bush... I hope she doesn't notice that its missing...:p

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Aladar ate a little bit of this...a little bit of that...then settled into the rest of it!
15pfvaw.jpg

Climber did the same and seemed quite protective of his tuna...
11spf61.jpg

...and Eggroll ate all she could...wore some of it...amd went looking for more!
2gtnqmw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.