What did your tortoise get for Christmas?

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Belle has an AMAZON wish list. Shes been very busy on the computer by the looks of things... ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1419608637.824375.jpg

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Dandelions endive and wheat grass!! The dandys aren't usually available here so I bought all they had!!! They are really the Christmas present!!
I bought a whole bunch of seeds and a heated propagator to grow them in. Then Belle decided to lay eggs so the seeds are on hold while the eggs cook lol

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Mine got a treaty dinner of lettuce :rolleyes:... and I bought myself a Christmas Cactus, which OF COURSE they'll be seeing a bit of later :p:D

kdub

Clearwater, FL
I thought it might be fun to post what our tortoises got for Christmas!

My Hermann's, Elsa, got a "Chia Pet!" The chia won't be grown for 2 weeks, but she's patient and the chia is supposed to be very good for them! :p

Chia seeds are super fast at sprouting. When you soak them the outer coating turns to a gel and they'll stick to anything and grow. One time a few got stuck to the inside of my sink drain, unbeknownst to me, and a few days later there were little green bits growing in my drain! I really had to blast them to make them go away!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I thought it might be fun to post what our tortoises got for Christmas!

My Hermann's, Elsa, got a "Chia Pet!" The chia won't be grown for 2 weeks, but she's patient and the chia is supposed to be very good for them! :p
Was it the turtle shaped Chia pet? i've thought about getting one of those.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Chia seeds are super fast at sprouting. When you soak them the outer coating turns to a gel and they'll stick to anything and grow. One time a few got stuck to the inside of my sink drain, unbeknownst to me, and a few days later there were little green bits growing in my drain! I really had to blast them to make them go away!
Oh, WOW!!! That's crazy- must have been strange to see things growing out of your drain!!!:):):)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Was it the turtle shaped Chia pet? i've thought about getting one of those.
I WANTED to get a turtle shaped one, but couldn't find any. Since some of them stand higher than others, I wanted to be sure and get one where the chia was mostly growing very low so she can reach it. The only one that would have lots of low-growing chia was (...are you ready for this?)

...a ZOMBIE HEAD chia pet!!!!! :(

I have absolutely ZERO interest in the zombie craze- I think it's dumb. I'm proud to say I have NEVER seen a zombie movie or tv show. But Elsa won't notice, and I'll turn it so I can't see the obnoxious face. The chia will grow in place of long, shoulder length hair. :p