What did your tortoise get for Christmas?

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
I WANTED to get a turtle shaped one, but couldn't find any. Since some of them stand higher than others, I wanted to be sure and get one where the chia was mostly growing very low so she can reach it. The only one that would have lots of low-growing chia was (...are you ready for this?)

...a ZOMBIE HEAD chia pet!!!!! :(

I have absolutely ZERO interest in the zombie craze- I think it's dumb. I'm proud to say I have NEVER seen a zombie movie or tv show. But Elsa won't notice, and I'll turn it so I can't see the obnoxious face. The chia will grow in place of long, shoulder length hair. :p
That's hilarious, I don't care about zombies either. The only place I have seen the turtle one is on Amazon. I did happen to get an Amazon gift card for Christmas :) :) :)

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I spoilt mine on Christmas day, I let my redfoots pig out on some Turkey for dinner, As we all did. Also saves me form eating it for days after:).
No more protein till 04/01/2015.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Chia seeds are super fast at sprouting. When you soak them the outer coating turns to a gel and they'll stick to anything and grow. One time a few got stuck to the inside of my sink drain, unbeknownst to me, and a few days later there were little green bits growing in my drain! I really had to blast them to make them go away!
so in theory if I got chia seeds and wet them to the gel I could smear it onto the wood back of Nank's future enclosure and bam chia wall!? do you think a tortoise would eat greens off a wall? I mean he wouldn't trample them as much that way!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
so in theory if I got chia seeds and wet them to the gel I could smear it onto the wood back of Nank's future enclosure and bam chia wall!? do you think a tortoise would eat greens off a wall? I mean he wouldn't trample them as much that way!
I think he would eat it all if anything it was on. if you think about it we don't really feed them in their natural way. Plants usually aren't just laying on the ground like they are when we put them in their food dish. plants grow up right and the tortoise has to reach up and around to get to them so I think it would be a good idea to make a chai wall.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I think he would eat it all if anything it was on. if you think about it we don't really feed them in their natural way. Plants usually aren't just laying on the ground like they are when we put them in their food dish. plants grow up right and the tortoise has to reach up and around to get to them so I think it would be a good idea to make a chai wall.
and if I put it higher up he wouldnt be able to destroy or try to eat the gel as it grows. I also had the plan to take one of our spider plant babies at home (its already working on growing) and make it like a little hanging pot for him to munch on but when he munched all he could reach he'd have to wait for more and wouldnt kill the whole plant.