What do you collect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colormyworld

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York, NY
What do you collect, if anything? I love seeing people's collections! I used to collect frogs as a child (rubber, glass, stuffed, pewter, volcanic ash, ceramic, seashell, basically if it was a frog I wanted it).

Now I collect SPORKS! I've been collecting them for a couple years, and love finding new ones on ebay or at random shops (though I try not to spend too much on one spork, seeing as I barely have money for things I need). They are fun, random, and an interesting conversation starter.

So I'll show me mine, now you show me yours!!!
163165_893759247283_14206894_46769307_8135919_n.jpg

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
That's a "different" collection..I was really into collecting sports cards/memorabilia but haven't added much in the last yr. or so..I started picking up more and more bobbing heads at fleamarkets,eBay,etc..
I have over 600 of those (all sport related)..I couldn't even start to count the cards,but it has to be in the millions.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I never heard of a "spork" before! Very nice collection.

If I have more than one of something, its a collection! :D

I have a back house full of old cardboard boxes. (this is a joke, folks)

I have so many books that I dedicated a bedroom to them.

library-1.jpg

library-2.jpg

I have a doll collection...some that I made and others that I bought.

dollroom-1.jpg

dollroom-2.jpg

dollroom-3.jpg

And if you look closely, you'll see that I have a collection within a collection. There are all the Winnie-the-Poo characters from Taco Bell. I have every single one of the talking Chihuahuas from Taco Bell. Lots of brand new in the box original cabbage patch dolls. There's a black doll collection. A Teddy Bear collection. A Furskin collection...zzzzzzz snort!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Very nice and interesting thread!
I love the sporks collections :D, they are so cute and funny.
Yvonne, OMG I thought I had a lot of books but wow, you have an amazing collection.
And I love your Dolls collections :D I am in love with your Cabbage patch kids, I have 2 and they are just too adorable :D!!
I guess I am very boring since I have a book collection (a tinny one comparing to Yvonnes) and I have tortoises figurines and statues. I am starting a collection so it is not a big one. I will put them all on my floor and take a pic to show it to you later today :D

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
I collect Disney snowglobes, and have a small collection of Prayers & Promises statues. My hubby collects autographed memorabilia and old original Disney maps. We have one framed from the late 1950's. I'll take pics later.

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
I have too many interests to collect things, I could never focus myself towards one thing. If you look at my room you'll notice that I collect junk :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
abra said:
I have too many interests to collect things, I could never focus myself towards one thing. If you look at my room you'll notice that I collect junk :p

Well, give us a look!

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
emysemys said:
abra said:

Well, give us a look!

My room is such a mess! That's why I haven't been on in a bit, I'm grounded :p Maybe I'll take a picture later and you will see how bad it is!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh! I forgot to mention my cactus and succulent collection! I have many, many euphorbia plants, quite a few different hairy old man plants, several different kinds of jade plant, hoya and about 5 different sansevarias.

In the greenhouse for the winter:

greenhouse-a.jpg

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Teddy bears..
'Teddy bear Collector, Orphans Welcome"
Is a sign i have in my living room.. Ive stopped adding tho.. Im trying to unclutter the life..

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
emysemys said:
I never heard of a "spork" before! Very nice collection.

If I have more than one of something, its a collection! :D

I have a back house full of old cardboard boxes. (this is a joke, folks)

I have so many books that I dedicated a bedroom to them.

library-1.jpg

library-2.jpg

I have a doll collection...some that I made and others that I bought.

dollroom-1.jpg

dollroom-2.jpg

dollroom-3.jpg

And if you look closely, you'll see that I have a collection within a collection. There are all the Winnie-the-Poo characters from Taco Bell. I have every single one of the talking Chihuahuas from Taco Bell. Lots of brand new in the box original cabbage patch dolls. There's a black doll collection. A Teddy Bear collection. A Furskin collection...zzzzzzz snort!

You have an ALF doll! how cool is that... lol my son loved that show when he was little. He even had ALF slippers.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Laura said:
Teddy bears..
'Teddy bear Collector, Orphans Welcome"
Is a sign i have in my living room.. Ive stopped adding tho.. Im trying to unclutter the life..

Well, where's our picture?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
abra said:
My room is such a mess! That's why I haven't been on in a bit, I'm grounded :p Maybe I'll take a picture later and you will see how bad it is!

It would be kinda' fun to see the "before" and the "after!"

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I collect rocks. I just put them in my yard when I find a cool one.

M

Maggie Cummings

I am being forced into this by my sister. She says if I don't post my collections she will tell about them without the pictures...I think that "for me" exposing myself like this is too personal, I don't like showing this much of myself...
But with the extortion plan in effect I must show at least this much of me before she tells it wrong...
I collect several things here they are not in any order. I collect Dale Earnhardt things. I have them all in the Dale Earnhardt Memorial Worship Room...I started collecting them when I was a long distance truck driver and there was so many different things in the truck stops...some I keep ion a shelf...
2v3ndb9.jpg

some are flags
21o93me.jpg

Some are worth money. This is a mechanical bank. It's made out of cast iron, you place a quarter in the top of the race car and push a button in the back and he races down to the flag man who drops the flag and the quarter falls into the bank...
I took it down to the estimator man who said it's worth about $700...
2e2108y.jpg

There's plaques like this all over my house...
6z6ae1.jpg

The worst part of me I think is every year I put up my Dale Earnhardt Christmas Tree. It's all collected ornaments, cars and trophies and other collectibles and solid color globes...I guess it's stupid, but I really enjoy doing it. This year was a great tree, but the ornaments are getting harder to find...
e860du.jpg

When I was a little girl I was forced to spend summers with my Grandmother, she was a large forbidding woman, but we ate on beautiful china and I just loved it. So she told me that I could have it when she died but I had to promise to use it every day. Well, by the time she died and I got it I had 2 rambunctious boys and I was afraid they'd break some. But I've used it every day and not broken a piece. Thanks to Ebay I have added some different pieces and added so many plates that I have enough for a 6 person 12 place setting. I am not sure I am saying that right maybe somebody can help me... I have salt and pepper shakers bought for $200 worth now $500. A very rare butter dish worth $800, and milk pitchers the small one $300 and the large $500. So the estimator guy says $13k that's 13 thousand for all...here's some...
qzrdkg.jpg

2a4wcyb.jpg

2qn5he1.jpg

2jetdz7.jpg

jskfav.jpg

Well, I have run out of room, I also collect turtle chatchies (?), my sister gave me half of hers adding wonderfully to my collection.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your tree turned out very pretty. Have to hand it to you. I gave up decorating trees after all the kids moved away. Too much trouble.

M

Maggie Cummings

OK forced into it here's some...
2h7jaz5.jpg

2lot1s.jpg

This is a musical instrument played by the Aborigines in Australia...
2yttnk7.jpg

I have them displayed on every available empty shelf
21dfx3c.jpg

This is one of my favorites, it's a copy of a Michaelangelo...
w012ee.jpg

nl7jma.jpg

I have many many more but I've been really sick and am wearing down now, so those are as much as you're going to see I'm afraid...I hope you've enjoyed them...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Wow.I'm very impressed with all this stuff. I don't collect anything. I try to keep as much junk out of my house as I can. I hate dusting and cleaning....hate it! I have loads of pictures, and what we used to call movie pictures of my family and growing up from 1943 up until now that I put on DVD's Some I had transferred from 33mm. and I think it's 16mm on to DVD's. I even have som movies of me and Frank my Dad's old boxie who lived up until two Summers ago. Oh I forgot, my grandkids started giving me kitchen fairies. They're in my China Closet. I'll have to take some pictures. I used to have a lot of books, but gave them to a nursing home, and now I use the Kindle. Oh...I have a lot of shoes, but I don't think that counts, because I really don't collect them.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Very niceeeee Maggie :D. Wow you have a lot of collections and they are so beautiful!!! I love your X-mas tree, and the China, wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.