What do you collect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Wow Yvonne that's a lot of books I wouldn't want to have to dust in that room. Maggie, that is some of the most beautiful (if not the most beautiful) china that I've ever seen. Is that pink or does the camera just make it look that way?

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
OMG Yvonne! My parents had that couch in their house! it lasted awhile, pretty sure it was around before me. just had to share, that's the first thing I noticed from the picture...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I collect beautiful things, when I see something beautiful I must have it. Sorry my favorite seinfeld quote. OMG yvonne you collect dolls, I never would have guessed. BTW I have that alf doll. I collect garfield and turtles and tortoises. In my younger days I collected baseball cards got like over 10000, comic books also have like 10000, action figures. Oh I also sorta collect books have like several hundred, mostly scifi and fantasy. In case you have not guessed by now yep I am a geek.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I guess you could say I "collect" children's books :p I'm looking for a teaching position and I want to teach K-2 so I am always looking for children's books in thrift stores :)
I don't like a lot of clutter so I don't really collect tchotchkes (weirdest word ever btw.)
I have a few tortoise figurines but that's about it!

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
I collect Star Wars merchandise, right down to the custom vanity plate. (Pretty nerdy, I know!). I also collect WWII and Vietnam era military surplus used for Living History Displays and Reenactments. (More focus on Vietnam era with a particular focus on combat medic supplies, equipment, gear and uniforms.)

I have just started to collect tortoise statues and knick knacks.

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
I'm a comic book nerd.
IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

Xmen1_VG-.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
pdrobber said:
OMG Yvonne! My parents had that couch in their house! it lasted awhile, pretty sure it was around before me. just had to share, that's the first thing I noticed from the picture...

I bought it at a yard sale for $20 about 15 years ago.

And Candy: the door is always shut, so it never gets dusty in there.

ChiKat said:
I don't like a lot of clutter so I don't really collect tchotchkes (weirdest word ever btw.)
I have a few tortoise figurines but that's about it!

I THINK that's the word Maggie was trying to use in referring to her collection of turtles and tortoises. I couldn't figure it out until I saw it spelled correctly on your post! :p

And Kenny: I really like that your collection is in plastic covers. Can you imagine what those books are going to be worth some day being kept in such good condition?

I have a stamp collection that is in plastic too.

I watch all the "hoarding" shows on cable just to keep reminding myself what all my collecting might lead to!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Teddy bears..
'Teddy bear Collector, Orphans Welcome"
Is a sign i have in my living room.. Ive stopped adding tho.. Im trying to unclutter the life..

Well, where's our picture

I couldnt figure it out with the new format and I dont have pics of all of them.. most are off shleves and in a box.. we painted a while back and they never came back out.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
I like this thread! I have or used to have an Alf doll, we watched that show every time it was on when I was younger. He was too funny! I still have an original cabbage patch doll, she was a constant companion of mine when I was young, but we are both showing our age now! ha ha I also have other old toys my great grandmother made for me that I'm hanging on to. I do have some turtle figurines and turtle jewelry so that is a starting collection :) And I recently started knitting so there's a definate yarn collecion building faster than I can knit! That's it for me, so far . . . .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Candy said:
Wow Yvonne that's a lot of books I wouldn't want to have to dust in that room. Maggie, that is some of the most beautiful (if not the most beautiful) china that I've ever seen. Is that pink or does the camera just make it look that way?

I'm not sure if I'm going to spell it right, but its Homer Loughlin china. The background is a cream color and the flowers are pink.

M

Maggie Cummings

it's Homer Laughlin china most of mine was made from 1878 to 1920. The pattern or mold is called Virginia Rose...Thanks Candy...I think it's beautiful too. I thought it was so elegant when I was a child...

Well, Tweets is off to the Vet, I gotta go...

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
I
me.jpg
collect vintage Fender Basses. This is a picture of me with one of my favorites, a 1965 Fender Precision, in rare "Lake Placid Blue" finish.

Smithen

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
Now I feel like a little kid, I collect Legos and Nerf guns, I mainly like the Star Wars Legos and I always take apart the Nerf guns and take the air restrictors and stuff out of them to make them shoot alot farther lol. I'm also starting to collect and build black powder firearms. Just getting started on that though so I don't have much.

Tyler

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
emysemys said:
abra said:
My room is such a mess! That's why I haven't been on in a bit, I'm grounded :p Maybe I'll take a picture later and you will see how bad it is!

It would be kinda' fun to see the "before" and the "after!"

Kay, I'll post them tomorrow or the next day, whenever I finish cleaning it.

emysemys said:
I watch all the "hoarding" shows on cable just to keep reminding myself what all my collecting might lead to!

Everyone tells me I'm going to end up on those shows :O

Status
Not open for further replies.