Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So. Cal desert
colormyworld said:
Now I collect SPORKS! I've been collecting them for a couple years,

I gotta admit it made me laugh when I read what you collect. But then seeing the pic ... still funny but they are cool looking. Who would of thought to collect sporks. lol ... thats excellent.
I dont really have a real collection of things ... well I guess I do have quite a bit of Fenton glass. I like old glassware but I only pick up what I can use ... funnctional stuff as opposed to a displaying of it. I also keep my eye open for vintage prints/art of anything with certain dogs in them. I just like whatever catches my eye.

zzzdanz said:
I couldn't even start to count the cards,but it has to be in the millions.

My brothers collected baseball cards in the mid 60s. We use to make huge card castles out of them and then let our pet rats run thru them. Who knew :rolleyes: but we did salvage most of them.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
terryo said:
Wow.I'm very impressed with all this stuff. I don't collect anything. I try to keep as much junk out of my house as I can. I hate dusting and cleaning....hate it! I have loads of pictures, and what we used to call movie pictures of my family and growing up from 1943 up until now that I put on DVD's

I dont like a lot of things around either. It gets dusty here in the desert. But I do like "curios" (little things) but what I do is box a lot of the things then pull them out and swap what I have out. I get bored looking at the same things set out so this way I can change things up. My old house was a small house with way too much stuff and furniture. I have a bigger house now but with only half the stuff out and not much furniture. I like it this way and my dogs love to tear around the house without knocking things over.
b08e4802.jpg

One of my dogs own the little sofa (you can barely see her laying on it) and the cat takes the chair. I get all the pillows on the floor. I dont even have a real coffee table. Its a vintage traveling trunk I bought for $20 at a garage sale. Its filled with all my old film photos.
I do have a lot of books too, almost as many as Yvonne. most are in boxes so I forget how many I have. Some day I want to turn my small room into a library sitting room. I think the coolest old thing I have (in my opinion) is a 106 yr old victorian crazy quilt my Great great grandmother made in 1905
crazyquilt.jpg

crazyquilt1.jpg

Except for some of the silk pieces tattering due to the lead dust they put in the material back then, its just about in museum condition.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I have a lot of books. but I don't WANT to collect them I just can't part with them. I would call it more of an illness than a hobbie. I also HAVE a collection of old post cards they were my great grandparents some are in french. She was French Canadian. I am not continuing to collect them I just ave then.
My son has a big baseball card collection (given to him) but I have heard they are not really worth much.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Cool topic,
Since I moved out of the house young (15) then moved around to many apartments, I had no opportunity to collect anything. Well that changed when I moved into my first house. I had more horse, dog and tort tchatikeys (however you guys spelled it!!)Along with alot of other crap!! Then years went buy and I happened to catch "Clean Sweep" on BBC. It made me think, and started to remove some of the 'treasures' I had collected. Most of the hundreds of books went to the library, I gave away most of the things that went on shelfs, In fact the last of my torts went up for adoption on this forum. Now everything I have is out, on display. The big point the show made was if you can't display it, it is not so important. I love how all you guys feel that way. I had so many things in boxes. (maybe preparing for the next move)!. But we stayed in the last house for 20 years.
AM I clutter free???NO Way, but it's all out for everyone to see.. What do I collect now? Feathers, plants and I guess people would say animals. In fact ,that show on Animal planet contacted me to be on the animal hoarding! NO lie. someone gave them my name. The difference is, I take care of all my animals, they or us don't live in any filth. and my family loves them. I know I am writing alot and feel free to skip it:). The other factors that I think about, is just having a friend die young, who is going to want to move all the stuff I collect..

http://picasaweb.google.com/NadineNat/Toys#5562082830066158402

http://picasaweb.google.com/NadineNat/Toys#5562082835300279826

http://picasaweb.google.com/NadineNat/Toys#5562082840938358850 I used to collect all those little pewter animals, but now have it all on one of those printer things, you can see it along the side.

http://picasaweb.google.com/NadineNat/Toys#5562082853407149650

http://picasaweb.google.com/NadineNat/Pekes We have 2 other dogs, a lab and a german short hair

Plus a few other pets!!

Status
Not open for further replies.