What does a car/truck "Detail" include?

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I guess it's a moving target depending on area and local expectations?

I have always assumed since the first time I watched as someone detailed a car....that "detailing" was analogous to "make it look brand new". My experiences since were always the same.

Today though it seems that maybe I was wrong so maybe one of our car-folks can set me straight. I had Kerry's old car detailed prior to selling it. Granted, it was the son of her teacher friend who has been :"detailing for 3 years". While the cost was cheap @150, I had told the guy I wanted a full detail but they didn't lift the hood. I have to finish the car after paying if I want it done.

Are MY expectations unreasonable?

If I had it done at my old house, it would have been done correctly and cost $400. I could have lived with that for a really nice job.......this was a $180 wash , wax & vac LOL

COmtnLady

Colorado
I always understood it to mean inside and out, too, but maybe he was afraid to mess with the engine. With all the electronics and stuff, a short could cost a ton...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I never thought about it before, but now I figured it would not include anything under the hood.