:( WHAT HAPPENED!!!? (Ploughshare)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiated

5 Year Member
Any one know what happened to this tortoise?
they said that they injected hormones into this poor ploughshare tortoise so it could grow faster :(

Is it possible that it can be healed?

Attachments

• IMG_1250.JPG
    IMG_1250.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 242

cueboy007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
Por housing conditions with wrong diet.
Maybe with time, the pyramiding will get better.
What a shame.

Radiated

5 Year Member
will it be able to heal completely?
what should i do?
I saw it in a pet shop:(

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
The pyrmiding will never go away, the best that can be done with proper care is the shells FUTURE growth will be smoother. Current pyramiding will ALWAYS be there....sorry

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Obvious MBD. My guess is that the kidneys, liver, and other internal organs are damaged.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Neal said:
Obvious MBD. My guess is that the kidneys, liver, and other internal organs are damaged.

ok... MBD is possable I guess, but how can you tell about organ damage from a pic?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Zamric said:
Neal said:

ok... MBD is possable I guess, but how can you tell about organ damage from a pic?

No one can really tell for sure by just a picture, that is why I said it is a 'guess'. But the pyramiding suggests to me that the tortoise has not been properly hydrated, or otherwise not properly taken care of. Inadequate hydration of course is not good for the kidneys and other internal organs.

A big assumption on my part, yes, but that's all anyone can do here.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Fair enough! Iv'e never witness MBD 1st hand, just the pics I've seen here. I'm sure those other problems come with the MBD simply because of how it is caused. What other ailments are assosiated with MBD?

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Horrible. Poor tortoise should be in the hands of authorities, not a private collection where the owner doesn't seem to give a $@#! about the animal.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
Neal said:

My guess is you're exactly right Neal.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
I dont know much about pyramiding, however that is the worse case I have ever seen posted on here....if you know who injected I would report them....

Radiated

5 Year Member
So is there anything I could do. I saw it in a pet shop....
:(

Radiated

5 Year Member
Not too sure...im only 14, they never tell you anything. Currently these animals are quite commonly found being sold including aldabras and more...

It was quite sad when i saw a sea turtle in a small aquarium, it could barely move. I was unable to turn its body. The salt water was bad, when they put fresh water fishes in there it would last a few hours...They were feeding it lettuce!!! What can i do?

Thanks

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Radiated said:
It was quite sad when i saw a sea turtle in a small aquarium, it could barely move. I was unable to turn its body. The salt water was bad, when they put fresh water fishes in there it would last a few hours...They were feeding it lettuce!!! What can i do?

Thanks

I never get more p*ssed off at anything when they do that. In fact, I went to a seaworld park where there were 5 adult green sea turtles in a kiddie pool! :( Geez, is a good day for turtles really that far away?! At your age though, rallying some friends to stand up against the people would be a possibility. I doubt it's going to work at all, but that might be about all you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.