What happens if my tortoise becomes too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skmackley2

5 Year Member
Out of curiosity if the bit under the basking lamp was too hot does he know to go move when it may comfort him or will he stay there not knowing?

Teodora'sDAD

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
You know, It always amazes me on how my little one knows what she needs to be content. I guess this is because they are on their own right from the get-go. directly under my basking MVB light it gets 120-125 degrees. She normally finds a spot that fits her needs and basks. she WILL bask directly under there for a few minutes after a soak, then she moves away. I think they know their limits and move away once they reach the tempeture they like. She's shes eating, pooping, and growing a smooth shell.

skmackley2

5 Year Member
Teodora said:
You know, It always amazes me on how my little one knows what she needs to be content. I guess this is because they are on their own right from the get-go. directly under my basking MVB light it gets 120-125 degrees. She normally finds a spot that fits her needs and basks. she WILL bask directly under there for a few minutes after a soak, then she moves away. I think they know their limits and move away once they reach the tempeture they like. She's shes eating, pooping, and growing a smooth shell.

Haha thanks

stinax182

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Massachusetts
as long as you offer a cooler area, you're tortoise will know what to do. these animals aren't necessarily domesticated so they still follow their instincts, to a point. make sure you have the correct basking temperature for your specific tortoise.

Sent from my MB886 using TortForum mobile app

skmackley2

5 Year Member
Mine is around 35' for my Russian under basking lamp and everywhere else 15-20'c or less

Status
Not open for further replies.