What in frontyard can Russian eat? [pic heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey_RS

5 Year Member
Well, here's Mikey (Michealangelo)

he currently just eating Romaine Lettuce; Dandelions are out pretty much but there are apparently very good dandelion mimics about here.
So, like yesterday I went out and snapped pics of plant varieties etc. Anything in here Mike could also eat?

(more still uploading so... will be able to update later)

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
The 5 leaf plant in the first pic looks like virginia creeper, which my russians love,the next 2 pics are rose of sharon which mine also love, but mine are not fond of grass. Nice looking tortoise.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
ditch the romain and at least feed Spring mix.. its a variety and dark greens and better for them.
Also Grape leaves, mulberry, nastursiam, panies, pertunia...

Mikey_RS

5 Year Member
Next time I go grocery shoppin I'll look. Other than that, some plants in these pics like to hide in with others so... he can eat them pink/white flowers? (in above posts)

rest of pics; more or less.
not sure if its in here but there is one plant outfront has thorns on its stem but also along the spine underneaths of it's leaves. What could it be?

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
In the third pic you posted with the pink ruffled flower. That flower is either Rose of Sharon or a double petaled hibiscus. Very yummy, but also in that same pic you have a small sedum called Angelina growing on the ground. My torts go nuts for that sedum. Its also great for hatchlings because it is very small leaved.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
In the second group, #20 and 22 are chicory, I believe. Both flowers (blue) and leaves are very good for them.
Might be some clover in the last 2 pictures.
#24 I believe is Hawksbeard, that's OK.

Mikey_RS

5 Year Member
Laura said:
ditch the romain and at least feed Spring mix.. its a variety and dark greens and better for them.

5136694E-59F2-9638-4205-83A93F5B7486-4299.jpeg

This Spring Mix okay? googled picture but its either that or the other, I think this is the one we got.

tortugatamer

5 Year Member
Texas
One of the plants in the second set looks like horse nettle. But the pic was blurry. I would Google horse nettle to make sure because they are poisonous.

Sent from my MB865 using TortForum mobile app

tiffanyluvstorts

5 Year Member
I am afraid to feed anything in our yard due to fertilizer and such. We have also struggled with ants so there may be any
Poison out. Too scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.