what is the best way to be paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorrow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
Hi everyone what is the safest way to be paid over the internet.... I have a paypal account but will i be able to extract the money out of paypal? How do i find the account number to give him? Sorry new to sales. Thanks for any help

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
RE: whot is the best way to be paid

PayPal is very safe. There are fees though, so you will lose some of the money there. There is no account number, it is the email you used when you signed up and use to sign in to see your account. They can transfer money using that address. You also can sign in to your account and send a "request" to the other persons email (PayPal) account. Once you have the money in your PayPal account, you can transfer it in to what ever account you specify. You do this while logged in to your PayPal account.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm fairly new to PayPal too, but have found it to be very reliable. When someone pays me, I have it put into my checking account. It usually takes a day for the transaction to batch. But so far after several transactions (going both ways) no problems.

I did discover that there are folks out there who try to fool you into thinking they are PayPal but aren't. I NEVER click on a PayPal link that comes to me in my email. But always go directly to the PayPal site from my search engine.

Yvonne

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
Ok so i should wait for his money to hit my paypal account then send him the item?

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
From a buyers perspective, I like PayPal the most. If its less that $100 dollars, I don't much care. But if I buy something expensive, I want recourse, and a check or money order does not give you that!

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
jorrow said:
Ok so i should wait for his money to hit my paypal account then send him the item?

YES! You need to wait until you see the money in your PayPal account. If you don't see it, it isn't there. Don't ship until you have it in your PayPal account!

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
Tim/Robin said:
jorrow said:

YES! You need to wait until you see the money in your PayPal account. If you don't see it, it isn't there. Don't ship until you have it in your PayPal account!

well thank you all so much for all the help it is very much appriciated

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Just one more note to say I have used PayPal for many years and nothing but positive. I am glad someone mentioned go to the PayPal site directly. I will mention I have gotten emails that say they are from PayPal about my account (problem, or someone is trying to pay me and can't, even if I have nothing for sale) I spoof mail them directly to Paypal and they have always been a scam.If they send you anything, don't reply, just go to your account seperately and if there is anything you will see it then..if there is
Good Luck Na

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I sold a bunch of textbooks through amazon...and my paypal was used for that. Amazon has this thing, where they don't charge until something is shipped, but I didn't have a problem getting my money....

I like paypal as well.

electricbluebird

5 Year Member
I have a paypal debit card and I love it. I can access all of the money I make through my vintage clothing store.

Status
Not open for further replies.