What Kind Of Camera Do You Have?

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
I need to get a new camera and am wondering......
Without being excessive, what camera is good with close up's and telephoto capabilities.
Thanks

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
This is the one I use: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B7N9CWG/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

The closeups are amazing, I just put in the closeup mode and click. It's great for people who aren't so camera smart but want to take great pictures. It's a little on the spendy side, but I thought it was worth every penny...and with the quality it wasn't much at all for how great it is. Most cameras of this caliber are more expensive.

Some pictures I've taken are here: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/the-adventures-of-littlefoot-pic-heavy.81947/

Last edited:

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I use my cell phone a lot, too, because I mostly access TFO on my phone. I use a Nokia Lumia Icon, it takes decent pictures. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Since I live in the dark ages, I don't have a cell phone. I have a digital Kodak Easy Share M530. I really like it. I've had Kodak (about 3 others before this one) for several years, and have not had a single problem with them. The only thing I know how to do, even after all these years, is point and shoot. I have no idea what all the camera does. I did take a video once a couple years ago, so that function must be pretty easy to figure out.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
Yvonne you should get a cell phone!! What if you get stranded in the middle of no where!! That worry's me!!! Plus if you got a smart phone you could have TFO TOGO!!

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
Oh and I use my phone for a camera. Its like 8 MegaPixels and has a HDR+ function that takes like 5 pictures and combines them to make awesome shots!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Not to hi-jack this thread, but in order to get stranded, one has to go someplace. I don't go anyplace!

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

zaroba

I have a Canon T3i and have managed to take some pretty amazing shots with it. Also have a bunch of additional lenses.
It's cheap for a DSLR, but have still have probably spent over $1500 for everything. Camera, extra lenses, small accessories.

Here is a photo I use as a signature on other forums:
kingxcorn1.jpg

No editing done on it besides cropping (and the red text of course). Took it in the afternoon in my living room.
The dark background was due to having a high F stop, flash, and very fast shutter speed.