Recommendations for a point-shoot-camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackmac

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA
Hi TFO members,
Think it is time to upgrade my camera, still using an old olympus model (so old that I don't even know the model name). Anyone have any recommendations? I don't need any high end functions, just something that is user-friendly, and can take pretty decent photos. My budget is around 200-300 dollars.
Thanks
Jack

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Canon and Sony are generally the best in my opinion and experience. The Canon takes slightly better pics outdoors and the Sony takes slightly better pic indoors. Both of them take great pics and are very reliable and user friendly.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I use a Sony DSC H-20.It isn't manufactured any more,but you can still pick them up on ebay for a little over 200 dollars.It's an amazing little camara with great macro capabilities.Here is a recent macro photo shot on the point and shoot setting.

DSC01102.jpg

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I have the Nikon D-(something). I love it. It takes great action shot's of the kid's and pet's. It is very user friendly. I have had it for years and it is not outdated by new technology yet.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Fuji FinePix. I am not sure what the newest model is, but I LOVE the one that I have had since 2006, lol.

Here are some examples...

KristinasPictures154.jpg

KristinasPictures222.jpg

KristinasPictures3532.jpg

Kristinaspictures1781.jpg

JasonMcK

5 Year Member
You really can't go wrong with Canon, Olympus and surprisingly Panasonic makes a very high quality point and shoot.

but ultimately budget and what you want it to do is what you should base your decision on.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.