Update :Just need to Vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I Just need to vent let this off my chest.
Some of the members know that i recently moved in September
from Los angeles area up north to paso robles California.
Me and my grandfather came up here, buy a new house and
his two sons were gonna accompany us living there.
They grew up all there life here in Paso robles and Didn't really
have my grandfather as Their fatherly figure, My grandfather married
into a new wife, and "Our" Grandparents adopted me, as i am a foster child or ward of the state. My grandfather raised me till this day, as my grandmother passed of Breast Cancer 5 years ago.

Well things arnt going great at all as we imagined, i don't know why
but my grandfathers two sons have alot of hate or plain out
no respect for me. They always seem to talk down on me and or
call me names and pick out arguments. Thats not okay specially
taking into account they are one is 38 and one is 40 years old.
Im constantly getting blamed for dumb little things, getting mentally attacked and abused, we have gotten into arguments when there final words were i will knock you out, etc. One time one even put his hands on me.

Im moving back to my hometown where i have some family, and lots of friends. Im gonna attend college and work, i have no place to go.
But i do plan on getting my own place and being successful. I am very scared and overwhelmed due to Being alone finicaly in the real world at such a young age and have no where to go, but its the best thing i can do at this point.

Im Only 19 years old and a foster child so finical aid will help with most of college expensive's and they also have many programs like independent living programs, and housing to help out.
But i Definitely Know that working and getting paid 200-300 dollars
every other week isnt enough to cover Rent, housing, food, college, insurance on my car, gas, and any other needs.
BUT GUESS WHAT, im not the first person to complete this
or the last i have lots of hope and confidence :)
Im gonna be moving very soon in the next week or two, so i doubt i will be able to get on for that time period....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am so sorry things didn't work out for you. Some people are just cruel. Moving is probably the best thing for you. Your not alone, you do have us. We are always here to give you a pick up, to vent on and even advice if you wish. There is a lot of wisdom here and we can always help you through the good and bad. You do also have your grandfather. You sound very mature for 19 and seems like you have gone through a lot in your young life. It is all for a reason, even if we don't know what that reason is. I think you can do anything you set your mind to. It might be hard, it will get better as you start getting into a routine and getting things behind you. I wish the best for you. Good luck. We are here for you any time:D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Im moving back to my hometown where i have some family, and lots of friends. Im gonna attend college and work, i have no place to go.
But i do plan on getting my own place and being successful. I am very scared and overwhelmed due to Being alone finicaly in the real world at such a young age and have no where to go, but its the best thing i can do at this point.

Im Only 19 years old and a foster child

Seems to me you have a grand plan....and if you have family and friends where you are moving back to--then seems to me you certainly will find a place to go and rest your head during your journey....scared and overwhelmed?----I am 44 years old and these feelings attack from time to time regardless of your age....here is what I say to you on this awesome crossroad of your journey....

ROCK ON WITH YOUR BAD *** SELF

You were put on this earth the same as everyone else, you are a valuable person just as everyone else....when things feel overwhelming, take a deep breath and be quiet with yourself---sometimes you have to let go of the reigns a little to see truly where you will land.....sometimes when we get the most scared and overwhelmed it is just before a great opportunity for growth and change....this thing called life can be a fantastic gift, just keep your eyes open for all the wonder it can offer...and, you can do it !!!!!

As for the two older guys you referenced----wish them well and remember that what they say and what they do truly has no value in what journey you have been given before you....good luck and check back in :D I am excited to hear.....

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
Man I know how you feel. I'm having very big financial issues right now just barely making payment but I smile everyday cause I got thongs a love and thatall I need my girlfriend and my tortoise who keeps me company haha. It's life just got to move on and try to do what you love. Sorry for everything that's going on shouldn't happen to anyone. I hope you the best. Keep your head up smile everyday it'll workout sooneR or later.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Nobody should ever let your spirits get down. Your the only person that matters to yourself and anyone else rather blood family I not shouldnt talk down or belittle in any case. Do what makes yourself be you and live the life you aspire to live. You can do whatever you want with or without money, as long you know it's right and feel ita in your best interest and well being then the only person to stop it is yourself.

Good luck and don't let anyone get you down. Good karma will fortune you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, Jacob...I'm sorry that the move to Paso Robles hasn't worked out for you, but I have to ask: Where the heck is your grampa in all this? He's supposed to be your caregiver and protector. Can't he see what's going on? If he turns a blind eye to it, then you're much better off without him.

Go ahead and move back to where you are comfortable. Find yourself a job, even if its flipping burgers at night. Live at the Y until you get a few bucks saved up. You can do this.

Sending good thoughts and wishes for lots of luck your way.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Thanks so much everyone, its gonna be a long hard path ahead but im sure things will fall into place...

Status
Not open for further replies.