What on earth happened to this baby redfoot?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How long was he left on his own that you didn't see something was very wrong way before it got to this?
Dehydration and then cooked to death and enclosure bugs ate him clean?
It's very sad and possibly neglect if he wasn't found way before now.

Sakered

Los Angeles
The pet store told me parasites ate him and another from the inside out and finally ate the ligaments which opened the shell like that

Sakered

Los Angeles
How long was he left on his own that you didn't see something was very wrong way before it got to this?
Dehydration and then cooked to death and enclosure bugs ate him clean?
It's very sad and possibly neglect if he wasn't found way before now.
How would it have been found way before? Shut up

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How would it have been found way before? Shut up
Isn't it yours kept inside or was it hatched outside and you didn't know there were babies that had hatched outside?
A baby kept is usually kept inside and would be sick and motionless, not eating, one would notice it not acting right when they went to feed it and soak it every day, that's how it would have been found before it got to that point.
If it was hatched outside and you didn't know there were eggs laid and hatching or if it wandered into your yard from someone else's tortoises then it is feasIble you wouldn't have found it until now.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Something doesn’t make sense. How long had it been since you last saw them before that photo?

EITHER something did that fast, which can only be a predator or a horrific accident l can’t even fathom what with, or something slow like bugs or desiccation.

I’m sorry for your loss how long did you have it and can you share pics of its enclosure?

JoJosMom

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake, CA
Well, WE all can see the obvious here. This is a very sad situation, evidently whether it was a personal pet or the pet store, regardless neither party took care of these babies :(

From their rude and arrogant response, we can assume neither party knew what they were doing or even remotely cared enough to check in daily as any responsible tort owner would do.

This thread, photo and responses disgust me........ Rest in peace little ones.

Sakered

Los Angeles
Well, WE all can see the obvious here. This is a very sad situation, evidently whether it was a personal pet or the pet store, regardless neither party took care of these babies :(

From their rude and arrogant response, we can assume neither party knew what they were doing or even remotely cared enough to check in daily as any responsible tort owner would do.

This thread, photo and responses disgust me........ Rest in peace little ones.
Thanks for your feedback. Two babies that came from the pet store and seemed fine until I went to feed them (spring mix daily) and saw they both were mutilated. There are no bugs in the 50gal enclosure and they were soaked twice a week. I know what I’m doing - I have a panther chameleon, a hog tail boa, a yellow Ackie monitor, a blue tongue skunk, two savannah monitors, a conure, a parakeet and two skinny pigs. They were eaten by undetectable parasites. I know animals shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.