What species is this. ?

parthb

I found this turtle in a pond nearby my house. Can anybody help let me know what breed it is?

1467189904886.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

juli11

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Europe
Where are you located? Could you post some more picture? From the bottom,face etc?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It might be a baby Reeves turtle, but it's sometimes hard to tell hatchlings species. It would help if we knew where the pond is geographically.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Not a revees I don't think so..
Eventually it could be pyxidea mouthoii but some more pictures are really helpful

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Very difficult to tell..
I'm between pyxidea and melanochelys trijuga
But you say it you found it in the south and there arent pyxidea normally. In the south you only find melanochelys.
Maybe maybe maybe it could be geomyda sylvatica but the chance to find such a endangered species in a random situation is really small. So without more pictures I can't help you more sorry.

parthb

Very difficult to tell..
I'm between pyxidea and melanochelys trijuga
But you say it you found it in the south and there arent pyxidea normally. In the south you only find melanochelys.
Maybe maybe maybe it could be geomyda sylvatica but the chance to find such a endangered species in a random situation is really small. So without more pictures I can't help you more sorry.
I'm with Melanochelys trijuga - Indian Black Turtle
A very warm welcome to the forum.
Thanks