What type of Greek is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techiegrl

10 Year Member!
Someone has this tort for sale and I was just curious what type of Greek it might be.

Attachments

• Greek Female 1.JPG
    Greek Female 1.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Greek Female 2.JPG
    Greek Female 2.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Greek Female 3.JPG
    Greek Female 3.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 85

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm not writing because I want to answer your question (Danny will do that), but I wanted to tell you that your photos are excellent!

Yvonne

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
It's a Jordanian greek, Testudo graeca ssp. and a female. :)

Danny

techiegrl

10 Year Member!
Thanks Yvonne, I wish I could take credit for the photo's someone has her posted on Kingsnake for 399.00 YIKES :) Thank you Danny for the ID I was thinking she looked like Jordanian Greek, I am getting better :)

Thank you!

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
San Jose, CA
techiegrl said:
Thanks Yvonne, I wish I could take credit for the photo's someone has her posted on Kingsnake for 399.00 YIKES :) Thank you Danny for the ID I was thinking she looked like Jordanian Greek, I am getting better :)

Thank you!

$400??? Doesn't even looked like a cb.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
She is wild caught, probably a couple of years ago.

Danny

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
San Jose, CA
egyptiandan said:
She is wild caught, probably a couple of years ago.

Danny

I thought so by looking at the pictures.

Janet, I wouldn't spend more than $80 for wc greeks, male or female, as you have to spend more $ on vet bills and you would risk your other cb tortoises.

techiegrl

10 Year Member!
Hey Agiletort, yeah yikes for that price. I have a full house as it is. I was more curious than anything as I thought the price was so high that maybe she was some special type of Greek :D

techiegrl

10 Year Member!
Just thought I would share funny comments. I emailed the guy with the Greek and told him his price was wayy to high for Jordanian Greek, here is his response:

Sure, that's true! I know exactly where most of those guys get those from. I can get those all day long for $69.99 (imports- no matter what they tell you). This one was raised from a baby from US zoo stock from huge parents! She's only 31/2 years old and over 7", and over 1,100 grams!! No parasites, no viruses, and a perfect shell! I can let you have her for $250 INCLUDING SHIPPING,because you were one of the first to respond last week. Honestly, this animal IS in a different league than most of those $100 postings. I know because I've had those too over the years, unfortunately!! If your in Los Angeles area, you also get a "free" veterinarian check with the purchase! He's in Orange County, Ca. By the way, the only reason she's for sale is that I'm no longer breeding Greeks, and I'm limited on space. Thanx, Vincent

Also Tort members, for the record when someone say's the tortoises is 7 inches, I thought it was suppose to be just the shell measurement not including feet and head, am I incorrect?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
No, your right. Measurements are just the shell and nothing else.
That is though a very creative story :p

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.