What's a girl to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
Ok, I don't know if tootsie is female, but we call her her. I didn't realize how big she was getting. I check my tortoise cam and what do I see ...
9dded219.jpg

Poor tootsie roll stuck in the doorway to her "cave" trying to squeeze on out. I haven't seen her actually go in and out of the hide , I didn't realize what a tight squeeze she was having!

I had to call my husband and wake him up to save her! She has a new hide now :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Seeing that remind me of my big male Leopard. I had one of those big plastic looks like a rock things for his hide. Well he out grew it, but unlike your little guy he would simply move the hide around until he could lift it up enough to get out from under. I think the hide tells us our tortoise youngsters are growing like with our humans children, when their pants become high water ones we realize they have grown taller. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's funny. I just noticed this a.m. That the half log hide, that I already have propped up so Tatum can fit under it, is now a little tight of a fit on the sides, duh I didn't even think about the sides, only the top. Well, tomorrow, I guess I will have to figure something else out. No, I didn't do it today, it's not that tight:p:D yet

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
You have to tell me more about the tortsie cam! My partner keeps saying we need one but all I know about is the security system my ex's restaurant has where you can access the cameras from home etc which was ungodly expensive.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
That is funny! I can totally visualize the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.