What's going on? (lethargic baby)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreywht

5 Year Member
I use heat at nite time. The black one is nite heat. It won't lite up.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Ok, so I see your basking bulb, black dome is your night heat, where was your coil uvb bulb then?

sent from mobile device using TFO app

jeffreywht

5 Year Member
mike taylor said:
Can you get like a small tote and make him a hospital enclosure. A smaller enclosure would be easyer for you to heat than the big table your using . So keeping him at 90
f. Just till he is better .
Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Tonite I make the small enclosure. Hope he will get better tomorrow. He so unactive. I'm so afraid.

mikeh said:
Ok, so I see your basking bulb, black dome is your night heat, where was your coil uvb bulb then?

I just add UVB lite few day. This pic is old one didn't show UVB lite.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Ok, that makes more sense. Follow advice from others on warmer temps and other suggestions. Perhaps run basking light and heating light both during the day for higher temps.

Have you tried taking him outside on a warm sunny day and see if he is more active? How long ago did you get him?

jeffreywht

5 Year Member
I got him 19 days now. In my here too cold this summer. Almost 18-25C.

I think what happen to him. His left eye gotta problem. Where can I buy eye drop for him.

jeffreywht

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1377268237.085279.jpg

I make the small enclosure for him. Is it ok.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1377268392.027837.jpg

He afraid lite. When out of lite the eye will open.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robber

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
MO, USA
It seems the bulb is indeed your issue, but also a few degrees can make a huge difference. When it is the low 80s outside, mine is not nearly as active in his pen, and will tend to just sit in the corner most of the time. If it's 88 or 89, it's like he is on speed, all over the place, head up and alert, eating constantly, just night and day.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Have you removed the coil bulb? These bulbs are well known for causing eye problems. The bulb is your problem. Once this is removed he should start eating.

jeffreywht

5 Year Member
Not eating yet. But look better. Unless he hide to sleep not just stay the same place and not move. Change a new place so I think need few more days. Now I make temp bwt 85-100. Hope he will getting better later.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1377273665.590295.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeh

5 Year Member
Glad to see he looks better. Keep the mulch moist including inside the hide for humidity as your heating and basking light will dry it out, What kind of mulch is it? Now you will need to think about getting new UVB. Mercury vapor bulb, such as mega ray or powersun would be a good way to go. 100-125W. It will replace your basking bulb as well as it provides UVB and heat.

jeffreywht

5 Year Member
In Canada not many chose. It is cypress mulch and I put lot of water under the mulch.

Can u show me a pic what kind of the UVB u use now.

mikeh

5 Year Member
You can buy mercury vapor bulb online. Cypress is great you can mist/spray it down with water as needed to keep it moist thru out.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
If you go into google and type in "powersun UVB light" or "UVB bulb" you will get several options to choose from. Make sure you don't choose another coil bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.