What's the best tortoise humidifier

JWiediyanto

I am going to buy humidifier for my tortoise because the humidity here is really bad... So I am just asking what is the best humidifier for the tortoise. Please tell the brand and the price and the picture of you can.

Thx

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings,

I recently purchased the Zoo Med Reptifogger from Drs Foster and Smith web site and it costs right about $50.00. It is very easy to install, and you can add your own larger water reservoir that makes it last even longer. If you plug it into a timer, you can have it come on and off throughout the day.

Here's the link

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=6016+6021+21501&pcatid=21501

I've seen others here on the forum recommend as well. The output is adjustable so you can literally have a very small flow of humidity, or a lot. If it does run out of water, it automatically turns itself off.

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Long Island, New York
I have two zoomed reptifoggers and both have broken within two years. You can fix them by cleaning them out with vinegar but that only last for a few months.

The mistking and the exo terra monsoon are high quality misters which will add humidity to your enclosures.

Mistking
http://www.lllreptile.com/products/16723-mistking-ultimate-value-misting-system

Exo Terra
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004G62868/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

If you don't have an closed enclosure than your best bet would be the the zoo med reptifogger because the other systems would make a mess as they mimic rainfall.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I wouldn't waist my money on the monsoon or the reptifogger. I had both. They both lasted a very short time, not even six months.
I would buy one at your local store. One that is for humans, a small personal one. That's what I used, lasted until I didn't need them anymore. However, if they do stop working in a short period of time, you can return it and get it replaced.
The mist king is good, but expensive. I use that for my chameleon, but it's a mister not a humidifier, so it won't give off a fog type spray, but a fine mist spray.

The humidifier I bought was from a bed bath and beyond, around 30-35 bucks. On any of them, if you use distiller water, it will have for them to last longer without problems.

Also, it should really be a warm air humidifier, you really don't want cold water/mist/air ones.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No, not at all. Just makes it harder too see them. Btw, what species are we talking about? Some high humidity species, like RF are prone to shell rot, so you have to be careful with them and wet top layer of substrate. You need to keep the top dry, while still having high humidity. The best way is to pour warm water into the corners, making the bottom layers damp, yet keeping the top dry.

JWiediyanto

I just saw a website and they said that a hot humidifier will make a problem to the reptile's eye and ear. Is that true?

JWiediyanto

But there are a bad comment for that fogger. People said that it only lasted for several months. Like 3 months