when should a baby sulcata start eating

M

Maggie Cummings

Need some more information, pix of your set up would help. They usually start eating almost right away, maybe a week or just a few days, they eat when hungry,
If you have a hatchling now, and it's not eating we need to know, what did the breeder feed him? All the temps, substrate, lighting. We need all the info you have....and pix, if you want us to help. We need to know what we're dealing with....

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
My hatchlings were eating within a day of hatching..As a matter of fact they were still partially in there shell absorbing the egg sack and would eat the mix I placed within reach..

kenai teichman

Need some more information, pix of your set up would help. They usually start eating almost right away, maybe a week or just a few days, they eat when hungry,
If you have a hatchling now, and it's not eating we need to know, what did the breeder feed him? All the temps, substrate, lighting. We need all the info you have....and pix, if you want us to help. We need to know what we're dealing with....

well she wont open her eyes its about 60 degrees and i keep her in a little burrow and i pour water over her alot and some times she just sits in her water bowl with lettuce and spinach and some carrot slices. the humidity is about 40%

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
It's 60F where the tortoise is? She can't eat if she is that cold. Get up above 80F at the lowest, with hot spots in the 90s. Unless I am reading that wrong, you are keeping her way too cold for a sulcata hatchling.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA

kenai teichman