White Lines on Shell?

Layla

10 Year Member!
Hello Everyone and thanks in advance for any advise they give.

This is my sweet girl, Tortie. When I picked her up up yesterday I noticed these white lines on her shell, I had never noticed them before.

Also I gave her a soak and if you look at this picture it seems like she has a lump or some sort of protrusion on below her neck. Is that normal?

Thanks, I hope I am just being a worry-wort.2016-07-23 16.30.06.jpg 2016-07-23 16.32.00.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That's where the shell grows. As it ages, it will darken. Sorry, but don't know about her neck.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Is the bump persistent or does it move/go away when she's relaxed? Sometimes you can see their lungs protruding.

Layla

10 Year Member!
That's where the shell grows. As it ages, it will darken. Sorry, but don't know about her neck.
Thank you! I had never noticed or read about that before! I appreciate your response.

Layla

10 Year Member!
Is the bump persistent or does it move/go away when she's relaxed? Sometimes you can see their lungs protruding.
Thanks so much, It only shows when she''s got her neck stretched out. I usually hold her and scratch her head/shell almost every day while I'm watching TV and had never noticed it before. I won't worry unless it appears when she's relaxed. I appreciate your response.

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
The white lines between the scutes are growth lines. As Yvonne mentioned, it will darken as time goes by & it gets darker