White lines?

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
Just happened to notice these little white lines on the outside of the pattern on the shell just wondered if they were normal or not I don't see them over the center but mainly on her left side at the moment here's a picture look at the front box in the back box especially the back one

20200314_172226.jpg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Do you mean the little squiggly lines in the center of the scute?

If so, do a search within the forum for "squiggly white lines".

Over the years, they've been a popular topic of conversation. ?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Just happened to notice these little white lines on the outside of the pattern on the shell just wondered if they were normal or not I don't see them over the center but mainly on her left side at the moment here's a picture look at the front box in the back box especially the back one
You picture looks like it was taken on a foggy day. I can't see what you are talking about. Can we get another picture, or more description?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Do you mean how each scute is outlined in white? I've never noticed that before, and I've raised many, many leopard babies. Does it disappear when he's wet? It could be that he's scraped his shell on the wall and because those parts are slightly raised, they're scuffed. I really don't think it's anything to worry about.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Do you mean the little squiggly lines in the center of the scute?

If so, do a search within the forum for "squiggly white lines".

Over the years, they've been a popular topic of conversation. ?
It's the first line on the inside of the dark lines the makeup the little boxes or circles the one on the back of her shell is the most noticeable

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Do you mean how each scute is outlined in white? I've never noticed that before, and I've raised many, many leopard babies. Does it disappear when he's wet? It could be that he's scraped his shell on the wall and because those parts are slightly raised, they're scuffed. I really don't think it's anything to worry about.
probably not and yes it's the little outline if you look at the picture you can clearly see there's a white line around each one but more so in some areas than others which I never noticed it before I just thought maybe it was a sign of something just over worrying probably