winter 2021

mark1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ohio
what a difference a day can make , was fall a day ago , winter today .

DSCF8179-2.jpg

DSCF8148-2.jpg

DSCF8175-2.jpg

DSCF8137-2.jpg

DSCF8209.jpg

DSCF8221-2.jpg

DSCF8195-2.jpg

DSCF8194-2.jpg

DSCF8186-2.jpg

DSCF8203-2.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Those crazy turtles. . . don't they realize it's COLD out there? Is that a bit of snow, or is it frost?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
It's been cold here this weekend too. Got down below freezing at night and windy and 50s with more clouds than sun during the day. By mid week should be upper 60s to mid 70s. Hopefully.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
Those crazy turtles. . . don't they realize it's COLD out there? Is that a bit of snow, or is it frost?
snow , the leaf pile still has a lot of heat to it ,the snow won't stick yet ...... they do know when to get in the water .....

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
It's been cold here this weekend too. Got down below freezing at night and windy and 50s with more clouds than sun during the day. By mid week should be upper 60s to mid 70s. Hopefully.
we get 60 wednesday too , but that looks like the end of it .... you look a bit better , but it doesn't appear to last more than a day or two .... i think the box turtles will not be out again this year ....i been looking for any that are out .. a few were actually out pretty late this year .......

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
we get 60 wednesday too , but that looks like the end of it .... you look a bit better , but it doesn't appear to last more than a day or two .... i think the box turtles will not be out again this year ....i been looking for any that are out .. a few were actually out pretty late this year .......
I walked around my three toe yard today and found my favorite little one just sitting out in the open with swollen shut eyes. Dang it, anyway! Looks like I'm gonna have an indoor box turtle over the winter.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
I walked around my three toe yard today and found my favorite little one just sitting out in the open with swollen shut eyes. Dang it, anyway! Looks like I'm gonna have an indoor box turtle over the winter.

that's why i go out looking for turtles this time of year , i know the feeling of seeing something you shouldn't be seeing , like getting more work ..... since i been keeping turtles native to where i live , i really do hate having to bring any in ........ the winters are a nice break , but i always look forward to the spring ...... the ones i have to bring in , the R.P.manni , they made it outside this year until the beginning of november , they were outside for probably 6 months this year , they're easier to care for outside also .......

DSCF8196-2.jpg

this is an old girl , i often wonder at what point have you successfully kept them ? i have to think i might have successfully kept this one .......
DSCF8199-2.jpg