Worried about my Leopard!!! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Farm
:( So my Leopard laid eggs about 2 weeks ago. She was completely fine. Laid 4 eggs no problem. 2 days ago she started acting really weird. Not moving much and when she walks she slightly drags her back legs. She doesn't move around very much and stopped eating. She seems sluggish and depressed. No bubbles, clear airway, clear eyes etc. I found a broken egg in her enclosure also. I am having the worst luck with my Leopards!!! I just lost a female:(
WHAT IS GOING ON WITH HER!!?? Anybody have any thoughts??? PLEASE HELP! I am so worried about her!!!

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Have you given her any soaks lately? After mine lay they are just completely pooped and I soak them right after they finish.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
Yeah,I soaked her yesterday and the day before but I didn't soak her after she laid. She has a water dish in her enclosure to drink from but haven't soaked her since she laid, up until 3 days ago. Is that bad?

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
This is her first time laying correct? If it is then she's probably completely exhausted and I would give her a soak.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
Ok. Yeah it is her first time laying. I am soaking her right now in some nice warm water mixed with Vita Drops. She seems exhausted. She seemed fine for 2 weeks after she laid though. Maybe from her producing more eggs all her nutrients and vitamins are being taken from her and she is weak... God, please don't take her too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I can't help you with this, except to send good wishes your way. Hope all turns out fantastic. Keep us updated

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It may be a good idea to go see a vet.

Could be more eggs or could be a bladder stone, maybe something else.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
I was just observing her and noticed she was trying to vomit or kind of made a choking/cough sound. She will take 3 steps or so and then sit, 3-4 steps and sit etc. She looks like she is in discomfort. But the choking cough is confusing me...

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Extremely weird. Did she drink at all in her soak? I would set up an appointment with your vet as soon as you can.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
Yeah she did drink. I am going to take her to the vet asap. I think it could be a bladder stone as "rear leg weakness" and "loss of appetite" are symptoms

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
I don't really have any help to offer... just sending my well wishes and hopes that your tort is ok :)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
turtlelady80 said:
I was just observing her and noticed she was trying to vomit or kind of made a choking/cough sound. She will take 3 steps or so and then sit, 3-4 steps and sit etc. She looks like she is in discomfort. But the choking cough is confusing me...

The choking and coughing sounds like a respiratory issue, which could also indicate a bladder stone.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
I soaked her for about an hour today. Still won't eat. Vet visit is in order but I definately think it's either a bladder stone OR she is egg bound. Xray will show. My mission tomorrow is to find a better herp vet than Ive been going to. He seemed to be an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.